Chapter Five

Sodas POV
I hopped out of Darry's car, "Bye soda"

"Bye dar" I walked out and headed to DX, I saw Steve working on some Socs car, it's funny how socs hate us, but want us to fix there cars.

"Hey Steve" I waved to him, but he didn't answer, instead he just looked at me. I walked closer to him, maybe he didn't hear me TW first time? "Steve, I know your mad at me, but I don't want this to ruin us"

"Sorry sods" He just shrugged, wiping away the car oils, I knew he didnt mean that.

"Steve please, I need to talk to you" I grabbed his hand.

"You've already have, I get it, you don't like me" He swatted my hand away, "I'll get over it"

"Steve" He turned and looked at me, "Meet me at our spot by 6:00, please"

He gave me a blank stare, "I'll see if I have time"

~ Time Skip ~

I was swinging on the swing, it's was 5:50, Steve should be here soon. But then again he's mad at me, he probably won't even come.

Should I be surprised though? I hurt him, I hurt him real bad.

"Alright, let's get this over with soda" I heard a voice shout, I looked up and saw Steve heading towards me, he looked and sat down on the other swing. "What did you want?"

"Look Steve, I'm sorry I haven't noticed how you felt about me, I didn't know" I grabbed his hand, "but no matter what your still my best friend, and I don't want anything to change that"

"I know soda, I was kinda a dick to you for the past day" he looked at me "it's not fair for you"

"And it's not for you either" he gave me a funny look, "what I'm saying is I would be with you, but I'm with Dallas. And I don't want to cross that and make things worse"

"I know, I get it" Steve said, "I broke up with evie"

I looked at him confused, "what? Why?"

"It's kinda like you said, evie was cheating on me with some socs" He looked gloomy. "I saw her kissing him at the drive in movie theater"

"I'm so sorry Steve" I got up, and pulled him off the swings to give him a hug.

"It's' not your fault soda" He wrapped his arms around me, usually Steve wasn't a hugger, but he'd take one when he really needed it. "Are we still friends?"

"Why wouldn't we be? No matter what, I still love you Steve"

"I love you to"