Lilith is back - Yadani 1.0

"I still can't believe you're alive!" Jinlyl exclaimed, smiling more than Yadani had ever seen her smile before.

"Believe it heh, I'm so relieved to see you again.. Even if you're.. Well.." Lilith replied, smiling nervously.

"Let's not talk about that, I'm not going to be like the other vampires. I'll keep you safe this time."

Yadani walked along with Jinlyl, Shelby, and now Lilith, Jinlyl's younger sister, who until about ten minutes ago, was presumed dead. Yadani kept up a smile as they walked, but it wasn't genuine. With all her heart she wanted to believe everything was fine but something about Lilith being back all of a sudden just didn't sit right with her.

Why had she come to the old Guild Hall? Lilith had been stolen long before Jinlyl even knew about The Guild. She would have no reason to go there unless she was looking for something.. Or someone.. And if that was the case, who would have told her about it? Yadani had a faint idea of who could have told her, but she didn't want to believe it. If she told Jinlyl about her doubts she would blow up at her, Yadani knew it. She couldn't really blame her though, it was her little sister.

Jinlyl and Lilith were suddenly laughing about something, so Yadani laughed along so it seemed like she was still paying attention. Once they entered the refugee camp, Yadani glanced over to the one person she thought may have some answers about it all.

"I'm gonna try and take another crack at him, see if he's feeling open to talking today."

"Ugh, I can't imagine ever wanting to voluntarily talk with him." Shelby said, sounding utterly disgusted by the notion.

"Okay guys, let's leave Yadani to talk with her sleazy boyfriend." Jinlyl commented, smiling a little.

"Har har, you guys are hilarious."

The other three went off towards their old friend Brother Martin, probably to tell him about how they found Lilith. Yadani's smile fell once they were all looking away, then she made her way to the large wooden structure at the centre of the camp. It was a wooden tower, a little taller than Yadani, with a large pool of holy water in the middle, and a cage suspended above it affixed to beams of wood.

As Yadani made her way up the stairs of the mini-tower, her eyes landed on the man being held inside of the cage, Styx. His old cloak was wrapped around him as always, and his scraggy orange hair fell in waves on either side of his face. His gleaming, yellow eyes moved up then a grin appeared on his face once he saw who was approaching him.

"Well well, aren't I lucky?" He said in his usual, smooth voice which contrasted his appearance quite a lot.

"I bet you say that to any girl that looks your way."

"Nah, toots, you're the only one for me."

"Mhm, sure I am, because you have so many options right now."

"You think so little of me, I'm hurt."

Yadani suddenly heard Jinlyl and Lilith laughing again and looked over. Yadani sighed and rubbed her upper arms nervously, her tail hanging low behind her and the end of it swinging left and right nervously.

"Who's your new friend? She makes your grumpy dwarf pal seem less.. Well you know."

"Yeah um.. I wanted to ask you about that actually."

"You don't seem too happy about her being around. Y'know if you're getting lonely there's room in this cage for two."

"You wish. I just wanted to ask about Kurgen.. Or 'The Raven' as you keep calling him. If he had taken someone prisoner.. Like is that person likely to escape?"