More Than Friends - Raynix & Yadani

The streams of tears felt ice-cold as the air rushed against Yadani's face. Her steps were rapid and desperate. Her hair flowed and swished behind her wildly. She could barely see anything ahead of her as more tears filled her eyes and made her vision go misty. The woman never even realised that she'd entered some random woodland until her foot got caught in a root, sending her plummeting to the ground. 

She couldn't even bring herself to stand. Yadani managed to free her foot, but that was all she could manage. She just lay in the grass and dirt and moss, crying. She was so tired of everything. The people in her life looking at her like a trophy, an idiot, or an object. All she'd ever known was that acting a certain way gets you a bed for the night and a roof over your head. But she was so tired. She hated sharing a bed with random strangers or having to avoid walking in busy streets or buildings, lest she be caught and harassed.

So, she cried. She didn't know what to do anymore. She she couldn’t go home, and even if she could, she doubted Kurt and Cecilia would exactly be proud of what she had become. She had no one and nothing. No one in the world to miss her if she just stayed there in the dirt forever. 

"Uh hey, excuse me?"

The purple-haired woman gasped and quickly sat up, wiping the tears away from her eyes to see who had spoken to her, "S-sorry, a-am I in- in your way--?"

The whole world seemed to stop as soon as their eyes met. Before her stood a man, around the same age as her, with blazing, bright orange hair, and pale, bronze-ish skin. His irises were milky-white while his sclera was a dark, ebony black. He was dressed in a black tunic, black pants, a purple waistcoat, white gloves, and bright yellow boots. 

But the main things that caught Yadani's attention were the slim but strong, upward-pointing horns atop his head, and the tail swaying behind him. The man's tail matched his skin colour, and the horns went from a rich, red colour, then faded to an orange-y yellow. 

The two of them didn't speak for about a full minute. There was something there. Something neither had felt for another person before, or at least not this strongly. More than friendship, more than romantic attraction. Almost like they were destined to meet each other, or maybe they knew each other from another life. 

"Uh, a-are you okay?" The Tiefling finally asked, blinking a few times to snap himself out of his thoughts.

"O-oh um...well, I guess I can't say yes, heh, I must look like a mess."

"I've seen worse. Mind if I sit with you?"

"I uh...sure."

The man smiled kindly and sat beside Yadani. His smile made Yadani feel warm...it made her feel safe. She'd interacted with this person for less than two minutes, and she already felt safer with him than she had in about ten years. There was just something about him. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"It's nothing, really. I don't wanna bother you, I mean, I'm a total stranger."

"Raynix."

"Hm?"

"My name. It's Raynix."

"Oh, right. I'm Yadani."

"There, now we're not strangers. Plus, I don't mind. You wouldn't be bothering me."

"I just..." Yadani sighed, "I'm just tired. I don't know where I am, I haven't known in years, I just wander from place to place. I'm scared of everything and everyone. All I know is my magic. I'm not strong, I'm not smart, I haven't got any friends, I'm not pretty. I just...I want to go home. Jeez, you must think I'm pathetic."