001, junior year

RIVER HAD BEEN friends with Ricky ever since she had moved to salt lake city. She walked in with a bright smile on her face, excited to make new friends.

She had always been a happy person, but not in the irritating way. Talking came easy to her, even at seven.

It was impossible to hate her, just being around her could change your mood instantly, she had comforting attitude and amazing listening skills.

River and Ricky did most things together, from learning how to skate, to dance battles (which River always won), performances in their rooms, or they just talked.

The pair could talk for hours, never not having something to discuss with each other.

Sometimes he would help her babysit her nieces and nephews. Many times to stop them from crying, he would play his guitar while she sang.

They loved spending time with each other, but sometimes River needed another girl to spend just as much time with.

She had met Parker on the first day of middle school and the girls hit it off. Parker had her own Ricky, he was called Nate. And he was the epitome of a golden retriever.

When the girls got tired of the boys they were best friends with, they hung out with each other.

They were a good match. River was the sweetest person to walk the earth and her calm energy kept her away from drama. While Parker was quite different, she was only nice to few people and sometimes her rage could the best of her. River had had to hold back on many occasions.

The girls were walking to school, it was their first day. "So, it's time to get you into a relationship, Riv."

River just ignored what Parker said. "I'm being serious, girl you need get some-

"No, I don't." River replied as she shook her head. "And it's the first day, if I find someone I like then great, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to get a boyfriend."

"Whatever." Parker muttered before Nate walked in between them. He wrapped his arm around River.

"Hi, Nate." She greeted with a grin. He smiled back at her. "Hi." Parker let out a sigh. "Oh, River look, there's Ricky."

Nate glared at her. He had basically been in love with River since she moved there in elementary school, and when he found out Parker had became best friends with her, he was over the moon.

This was going to be his year.

River would be his girlfriend, he just knew it.

She looked over to see Ricky walking with Big Red, and smiled. "Oh yeah, I'll see you guys later." She then started to walk over to him.

Nate stared in awe as she walked away. Parker flicked him on the back of the head. "Stop drooling, geez."

He shoved her playfully.

"Bowen!" River said as she approached him. A grin grew on his face when he noticed her.

"Hey, Red." She added with a smile.

"Today's the day, guys. It's happening." Ricky said.

"Hell yeah, Junior year, baby." Big Red replied. "Might grow a moustache. Might do a lot of things."

"Well, I'm, gonna be getting straight A's. Nothing's going to come between me and Juilliard." River declared.

"Guys, I'm talking about Nini." Ricky explained. River internally rolled her eyes.

Sure, she was thrilled for Ricky when she found out they had started dating and then pissed at him for putting their relationship on a "pause", but all he did was talk about her and how he was going to get her back. It was starting to get annoying.