Sweet Chaos - 28

"You run a mafia?" I pronounced.

My voice wavered, it was useless trying to conceal the fear which now clutched at me. Perhaps it was how this fellow towered over me that left my body shaken, or it could be how dangerous those eyes of his were, ravening on my form, while those words poured out his lips.

I watched him scrutinize every bit of me, from my faltering eyes, to the portion of hair falling over my face, and finally resting on my parted lips.

With a huff, he closed the gap between our forms, eyes dancing in mine.

"I should have told you earlier"

My chest tightened, body numb. It was no business of mine, whatever Luca did. After all, he had made mention that we both kept to our businesses and stayed out of each other's. Yet, at the same time, I felt raged to have not figured out earlier that he belonged to a mafia.

Everything around screamed so.

I should have figured that out sooner. The number of odd-looking men who would come around every now and then, the midnight meetings, the secretive phone calls, and that underground room he specifically ordered the maids to keep me out of.

I was married to a monster. It just happened to be unfortunate to have realized that now.

"I love the red lips on you" The sound of his voice fanning hard onto my skin had caused the gasp tumbling out my lips, breaths heavy.

How dare he?!

He leaves me with a knowledge that was bound to have my heart wrenching, and the next minute he goes about like he hadn't just foretold the most disturbing news.

"I'd like to see what you look like underneath that piece, Isabella"

My breaths were getting ragged, the whole of me screaming to be eased off this tension which had made its arrival.

"What are you doing?" I stumbled backwards.

At once, I pushed forward, about leaving the room, but his hold on me had paused me in my tracks.

"I wanna hold you" He followed, eyes never leaving mine. "I'm sorry for what happened tonight"

"You said you'd rather be anywhere than near me" I reminded, arms tightening over my chest, trying so hard to conceal that sight of my body being at its peak of desire.

"Fuck, Isabella!" I heard him pour in a breath, eyes fixed on me. "Look at me" His tone commanded my attention, my own gaze not daring to look anywhere other than that enthralling face hovering before mine.

"I want you"

Those words had turned every bit of me numb,  body gasping for air.

It could be how those eyes of his were enough to strike the fear to my form. Yet, that fear had made its leave the instant I caught onto such endearment held in that gaze of his.

That gaze which yearned for mine, screaming not to let go. And while Luca drew even nearer, I only was left gaping at him.

"You don't know what you're saying, Luca" My voice remained low, eyes matching his.

"You're drunk" I reminded. "Also, you're mad" I made mention to him, if he so happened to have forgotten the event of an hour ago.

"You're mad cause I kissed your friend" I foretold.

He only scoffed, eyes meeting mine. "You did that to make me jealous" He stated. "And then you showed him what love is"

"That's not what one terms love. But you wouldn't know that, now. Would you?"