13

Back when young Itoshi sae and Akashi Satomi met at that sports camp, they were inseparable. Every year, the two always signed up in that prestigious camp, both of them always picked their favourite sport, soccer.

They were in the same cabin together and always waited for each other before and after training. They ate their meals together and not a single day has passed where they didn't see one another. They became the best of friends, they built their dreams together.

Itoshi Sae finally felt that someone understood him, someone finally knows what it is like to strive and be the best, someone who's mind was just as brilliant as his. Another prodigy.

That was until, Akashi Satomi stopped attending the camp, and lost contact of her completely.

"How dull."

Rin easily recognised the owner of that voice. He turns around and found his older brother standing in the Blue lock academy field.

"The hell are you doing here, Sae?" They were surprised by Satomi's straightforward question.

Sae walked closer with his hands stuffed insude his pocket."Meeting ego. And shouldn't I be the one asking you that? I thought you were done with soccer."

Satomi was clearly iritated by the tone he's using. "That doesn't mean anything. I just kept my word to a friend."

Itoshi Sae let out a scoff. "Is that so? I didn't think you were capable of doing that."

Both their words were laced with venom that the others were too afraid to intervene.

"And what does that supposed to mean?" Satomi faced Sae with a furious look on her face.

"Oh I think you know-"

"Alrighty! How about we keep our distance and chill for a sec yeah?!" Yukimiya spoke up, almost breaking the tension.

Both Sae and Satomi were still glaring at each other. And they all took notice.

Bachira loudly cleared his throat. "Would anyone like some ice cream?"

"I don't like sweets. How about burgers?" Shidou suggested, clearly failing to notice how the others were trying to break the tension between the two. It didn't bother him at all, he thinks it's hot.

"I'd like to go for a milksha--"

"Just tell me why the fuck did you quit."

Sae continued to ask himself over and over in the past years. Why did she leave. It couldn't be because of a financial situation, god knows how rich the Akashi family was. An injury? Not possible. Satomi still continued to play basketball. Then why? Why did she leave soccer?

"I don't believe I'm obligated to answer that question." Satomi was at her limit, being around Sae for a long period of time was exhausting for her as it is. She quickly grabs her stuff.

"I'm leaving." She spoke without pouring them any glance.

"In second thought, maybe you weren't just good enough. Is that it?"

Satomi halted on her tracks the moment Sae uttered those words. It was like a switch buried deep inside of her was flicked.

Bachira immediately went forward to stop Satomi when he saw her turn around to Sae. "Woah woah let's just all ta-"

"Are you challenging me, Sae?" Isagi couldn't help but feel a familiar aura radiating off Satomi as she uttered those words.

Itoshi on the other hand wasn't planning on backing down either. The male turned on her and went towards the ball that laid in the middle of the field. Not uttering a word, he kicked the ball with such force towards Satomi to which she caught. There were no words needed.

Sae was challenging her to a one on one.

"First one to score wins."

Satomi began to move against him with the ball in her possession. The girl immediately got past the red head, but Sae was quick to maneuver his foot to stop her. Satomi caught on and manipulated the ball up away from her opponent. It has been a few minutes since the intense battle between the two frenemies started until Satomi went on to kick the ball from afar, however what  they didn't know if it was intentional or not, Isagi noticed the direction of the goal shot she just took had Sae's face in the way.

There's no way in hell someone as skilled as Satomi could have missed that.

"Fouuul." Bachira raised his hand in a halt. Satomi couldn't care less.

It went in anyways.

A smirk appeared on Sae's face as a drop of blood trickled from a busted lip. "Is that the best thing you can think of to get rid of me? You're funny."

Satomi looked down on the red head male."Need I remind you that only those who serve me can look me in the eye as we speak? Lower your head."

Rin watched as the scene before him unfolded. He could barely recognise what his brother had become because of Satomi. They watched as the red head got up to face the girl.

It seemed not one of them is willing to give each other what they want.

"You call that a match? what a load of crap." Sae tongue swirls to lick the blood off the corner of his lips, his smirk fades into blank as he glared at the female in front of him.

Sae wanted to rip her open and bring back the Satomi he knew back then. But he couldn't. All he felt was a deep wave of frustration and hate. Even Satomi couldn't count that shoddy goal as a win.

"Who the hell are you?"

A blank smile decorated her lips as she gestures a hand to her heart."What do you mean? I've always been Akashi Satomi, Sae."

No matter how hard Sae looked into her eyes, all he saw was a reflection of him in those dual colored orbs. No. This isn't her.

Get lost, you damn impostor. Bring her back.