Chapter 13

A/N

- Things are going to get juicy in the next few chapters!

*Amelia's POV*

Me and Nat walked into the centre hand in hand as we were both absolutely scared. All the girls were already in training and Jonas came out and led us to his office. We sat down as he started to speak.

"Hey girls, welcome to Arsenal. You girls both already have the job as an apprentice physio and an apprentice nutritionist. You will be working under the main staff and will work your way up. I have called your university and you can finish your courses online, and in less time that you would have had if you were still there. Which means Amelia you only have 6 months left, whereas Natalya, you have a year left, which to me sounds better than 3 years! You will come with us on all our camps, and as you are significantly younger than the rest of the staff, I will allow you to stay with the players in their rooms rather than rooming with 50year olds" he chuckled. "The last thing we need you to do is sign the contract then we will all go meet your new team and figure out the house sharing."

Me and Nat smiled and hugged each other as we have just been told by Arsenal Manager Jonas Eidevall that we have a job in football. In Arsenal football... We signed our contracts.

Before we could dwell on our emotions, Jonas spoke again.

"Before we leave, I've got to ask you, do you guys have anyone in particular you want to house share with? We have 6 houses" He passed us a sheet with everyone's name on it.

In house 1, Sabrina, Beattie, Noelle and Laura.

In house 2, Lotte, Alessia and Caitlin Foord.

In house 3, Katie, Beth, Viv.

In house 4, Manu, Teyah, Amanda and Frida.

In house 5, Kim Little, Lia, Victoria and Hurtig.

And in house 6 Kuhl, Gio, Stina and Jodie.

It says that the rest of the players all live in their own homes with their partners.

"Can I please keep staying with Katie and Beth and Viv please?" I asked Jonas. I looked at Natalya for her answer.

"Can I please stay where I am with Russo, Lotte and Caitlin. I think we both feel comfortable where we are. Thank you though."

Jonas agreed and took us out to go meet our teammates. One by one they all welcomed us. Katie hugged me, as well as Steph and Caitlin. And Alessia, Caitlin and Steph all hugged Natalya. The only person who didn't properly greet us was Leah Williamson, she looked like her mind was elsewhere. I put it down to personal issues, so I didn't let it affect me. I also reassured Nat it wasn't her either.

During training, Caitlin ran over to me.

"Amelia, Katie wants to know... oh wait I can't remember." She ran off towards Katie before running back. "She wants to know if you want to ask Natalya if... OH MY GOSH I CAN'T REMEMBER!". I laughed at Caitlin before walking up to Katie.

I stayed a few paces away from her and watched her train. She is a very good player. Once she slowed down, I walked over and grabbed her arm. She flinched but once she realized it was me, she put her arm around me.

"EW! McCabe you're sweaty!" I said as I tried to get out of her grip jokingly. That only just made her hold me tighter. "What did you want to ask me? Cait kept forgetting" I chuckled.

"Ask Natalya if she wants to come back with us tonight, all the girls are coming over to ours to have a 'team bonding' activity... we are basically just getting drunk, but Jonas can't know." She laughed as she let go of me.

"Hey Nat" I said while sitting next to her. "Katie wants to know if you want to come back with us after training as all the girls are coming round anyway and then you can just get dressed at mine."

"Yes, but what am I going to wear?" she asked.

"I have a good idea." I smirked at her knowing I had the perfect outfit that would catch Alessia's attention, which is what Nat wants most.

Halfway through training, I realized Katie was nowhere to be seen. That was until I got a message.

Katie McCabe😊

Come to the changing room I got to tell you something, alone.

To say I was scared was an understatement, but I walked down the tunnel to the changing rooms and Katie was just sat there on her phone. I walked over to her and sat next to her.

"Amelia I just wanted to let you know that I do like you, I genuinely do. And you probably know that. But tonight, we will both most likely be drunk. I'm not saying I don't want anything to happen between us, but Caitlin told me to take it slow and I know she told you the same thing. I just want you to have a good night tonight without worrying that I'll do something, okay?" she rambled on, sometimes making no sense.

I looked at her and just smiled.

"Katie let's just make a deal, if something happens tonight then it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. Don't force it. It's okay if it does happen, it's okay if it doesn't. Now get back out training and stop worrying about it." I stood up and pulled Katie to her feet before walking her out of the changing rooms.

"Actually Katie" I stopped her. "I forgot to bring a jumper, do you have a spare one...?" Katie ran back into the changing room and got her arsenal jumper that she had on this morning and put it over my head. "Thank you love". Katie smiled as she ran back on the pitch to finish the session.

I went and sat back next to Nat and told her everything, and she told me everything that happened with Alessia this morning. I knew tonight was the night shit was going to go down.

Me, Katie and Nat all drove home getting ready for tonight. It got to around 5pm and the sun had set. Beth and Viv had arrived home shortly after us from their day out together as they were not at training due to injury. Katie and the two lovebirds were downstairs getting the house ready for the copious amounts of people who were about to flood the house.

I did my makeup and got dressed, and Natalya did the same... we dressed to impress...