Chapter 18

*Natalya's POV*

I woke up next to Alessia. The sight of her cuddled into my side brought me pure joy, but I couldn't help thinking about what Steph said. She might be right, maybe I do have to take this slow. I would feel so selfish if she concentrated on our relationship rather than her new move to Arsenal after being with Manchester United for so long.

So I didn't dwell on my feelings anymore, I walked out of Alessia's room and downstairs to make some breakfast. I made myself a bowl cereal and sat on the sofa as I turned on the news and messaged Steph.

Catley🤗

Hey, I need to speak to you about this Alessia situation, when are you next free?

She answered almost immediately.

I knew this was coming. I need to talk to you too, and Ami. How about I take yous out tomorrow for lunch? We can chat then. I'm not at training today as I have to go pick my fiancé up from the airport, otherwise I would speak to you then. I hope you're okay though Nat x.

Yeah, I'm okay, and yes tomorrow sounds perfect, I'll let Ami know now. Thank you, Stephy, you're a lifesaver x.

My Tooney❤️

Hey! Hope you're having a good morning. Steph is taking us both out for lunch tomorrow to talk to us, are you free?

Fuck, I knew this was going to happen. Hope you and Less are okay though. Yes, ofc im free. Ill see you later for work x

I walked back to my room to have a shower and get changed into my outfit for work today. I spent a while in the shower just thinking about what I should actually do. I want her to succeed in her transfer, but I also really want to date her; however, I will happily put off the relationship until she is happy and settled.

 I want her to succeed in her transfer, but I also really want to date her; however, I will happily put off the relationship until she is happy and settled

(Natalya's OOTD)

I walked back downstairs and sat and watched Netflix while I waited for Caitlin, Lotte and Alessia to get ready for training. We all piled into Lotte's car, with me and Caitlin in the back.

Me and Less have barely spoken this morning. I "hi" here and there, but never an actual conversation. It felt somewhat off between us. Maybe I shouldn't have kissed her yesterday. Or maybe im just overthinking it.

Once we got out the car, I walked over to Katie and Amelia who both looked absolutely smitten with each other.

Amelia's outfit was so good today, I kind of envied her. 

She also was carrying an Arsenal jacket which I assumed was Katie's

As I walked closer to them, Katie said goodbye to Ami with a little smile. Something has definitely happened. As soon as I got to her, she noticed something as off.

"Hey love, what's wrong? What's happened?" she said with serious concern.

"Oh nothing, I'm just worrying about this situation with Lessi, but it's fine because i'm going to be talking about it tomorrow with you and Steph, so i'll fill you in then." I weakly smiled.

"Okay, that's okay, just remember, this is our first day at work, our head needs to be in our jobs, not with the girls we like, okay?" Ami said laughing, but she was right. For the next few hours, I need to forget about it.

We walked into my office which was right next to Amelia's, so I wasn't too far away from her if I needed her.

Jonas walked up to us once we put our things away.

"Hey girls!" he said so energetically. "So today you're going to be examining the girls, you are doing it by yourself today just so we get a jist of how you do things if that's okay. Here is the order you're going to be examining them."

We both nodded as he gave us a list:

Manu Zinsberger, Lotte Wubben-Moy, Katie McCabe, Laura Wienroither, Amanda Ilestedt, Kim Little, Lia Walti, Katherine Kuhl, Beth Mead, Lina Hurtig, Gio Queiroz, Stina Blackstenius, Chloe Lacasse, Jodie Taylor, Alessia Russo, Caitlin Foord, Viv Miedema, Victoria Pelova, Frida Maanum, Teyah Goldie, Noelle Martiz, Jen Beattie, Sebrina D'Angelo, and last but not least, Leah Williamson.

Ami walked into her office and I got set up as I waited for the girls to come in one at a time. I asked questions to all of them such as "How much have you been eating?" "How many meals a day do you eat?" "Do you meal prep?". Questions like that. I had to weigh all of them and record their weights and sleeping habits and ask them how they are feeling.

Everything was fine until I got to Leah. She sat down on the bench straight away. No "Hi", nothing. Silence.

"Hey Leah, I just need to ask you a few questions if that's okay?" she nodded. No words, just a nod. "Okay so, how are you feeling today?"

"fine" she blatantly said.

"Okay, do you meal prep?"

"No"

"How many meals do you eat a day?"

"Don't know."

This was starting to annoy me, but I was also slightly concerned. The Leah I knew was bubbly, she was happy, that's what all the girls told me too. I decided to take a risk.

"Leah, I can tell somethings up. You can tell me if you want, im not here to judge."

She snapped, "Why should I talk to you huh? You have been here all of two minutes. I didn't even know you were coming. Why are you even here? Just do your tests and leave me alone."

Ouch. My first woman crush just shouted at me. That's got to hurt.

I finished my assessments, and it showed that Leah was underweight and hadn't eaten in a day.

"Leah, before you go. You really need to start eating." She looked at me blankly and shrugged her shoulders. "No Leah, its serious, you're an athlete. You need to eat healthily or eat in general. You're going to burn yourself out. Please do something about it before our next exam."

She barged past me, knocking me basically off my feet.

Oh whatever, she can be like that. Im only trying to help her.

After Ami was done with Leah, she walked into my office about 30 minutes before training ended.

"So, was your day better than mine?" I asked Ami.

"Oh you have no idea.."