Jo Wilson-Bad Day

I walked out of the OR hallway.

"Edwards, go check my post ops and page me when the family arrives. I'll be monitoring the baby in the NICU," I said. I walked up to the NICU.

"Where's the mother?" Addison asked.

"She bled out," I said.

"It was an easy pregnancy," Addison said.

"I know that. The baby was born perfectly. I was careful. I knew the risks of this patient and then her uterus ruptured," I said. "She bled faster than we could transfuse. I tried Addison I really did," I said.

"Okay. Get me that post-operative report and we'll sit and talk about this," Addison said.

"Okay," I said as my pager went off. I ran off.

Timeskip

I walked to the nurses station.

"You look like crap," Alex said.

"Karev, I swear to god. I'm not in the mood," I said. "I would rip your head off if we weren't surrounded by sick children,"

"You're hot when you're mad," Alex said.

"Walk away," Addison told him. "West, conference room," I followed her to the conference room.

"I'm not trying to kill your patients. I swear," I said.

"West, I selected you for this fellowship because I know how good you are. You're letting things get to you. And for God's sake ignore Karev," Addison said.

"Did you hear about the Krysler baby?" I asked.

"Yes and he was fighting since he was born. It's amazing he fought this long. That wasn't on you and I reviewed your post-op report and you followed everything through," Addison said. "Go take your lunch,"

Timeskip

I was sat eating lunch while studying old notes. Jo, my girlfriend walked over.

"You yelled at a group of interns," Jo said.

"They weren't doing their job properly," I said.

"So yelling worked?" Jo asked. I looked at her.

"Jo, I love you but I'm really not in the mood for your lecture on my behaviour," I said. "I really need to study,"

"Clearly today isn't your day so you keep studying. I'm gonna go get us some lunch," Jo kissed my cheek.

Timeskip

I had finished for the day and was just finishing my charts.

"West, go home. Get some rest and come back tomorrow," Addison said.

"I'm sorry about today," I said.

"West, you're a 27 year old neonatal fellow. If you didn't know how to do this job you wouldn't be here. You did everything you could today," Addison said. "Now go home,"

Timeskip

I walked into the locker room. Jo walked towards me.

"Let's go home. We can pick up food or order in and bake cookies. We can go back to yours and just be us," Jo said.

"I need to study. I've got this big surgery tomorrow and I need to study," I said.

"Addison said you would say that so she asked me to give her all your study material. She said she'd put you on the bench if she caught you studying," Jo said. "So what do you want to eat?"

"Burgers?" I asked. "The more grease the better," I said.

"Sounds good. You get out of those scrubs and I'll call Joe's and order our usuals," Jo said kissing me. I changed out of scrubs and walked to meet Jo who was waiting in the lobby. "Let's go home," Jo said as I kissed her.