The Creek Cottage

Levi's POV

His eyes were deep and blue as they gazed out the gleaming window on a sunny afternoon of May. His eyes were so entrancing. But the blue orbes I was fond of had sadness and neglect in them.

I was sent to far west, away from the battle flied to a small cottage on a creek to nurse general Erwin Smith after his arm had been blown off in a earlier battle. He was being targeted by the enemy assassins which explained why he was resting in a hidden cottage. It was my mission as a doctor to help the sick. As far as I could see this man before my eyes was in deep depression and lonesomeness. I was going to help him.

I stood at the door way of this man's bedroom. He sat on the white sheets of the bed and his back against the wall on the board of the bed. He wore a plain white collared shirt which was unbuttoned messily. The man also had blond hair that swayed to the left of his head, he had been growing a beard slightly.

"General Smith" the soldier saluted and continued "This is Doctor Levi Ackerman" after introducing me the soldier left with one final salute.

"Hello, Mr. Smith. May I call Erwin" I bowed as a greeting. He didn't make eye contact with neither I or the soldier when we spoke to him.

"Do as you wish" Erwin said still staring through the window out into the grassland. I smiled tenderly setting my luggage by the door. Walking over to the side of the bed, sitting on the edge of the sheets. Erwin still ignored my presence. The side of his neck was completely exposed. I pretended to have a dagger in my hand a reached over to his neck and imagined that I had stabbed him.

"Bam!" I exclaimed making him jump to my touch, we finally met eyes and I replied to his surprise "if I were a assassin you'd be dead by now" I smirked pretending to let go of the dagger and sliding my hand down his neck and to his heart and felt it thump.

"Now I'm starting to have my doubts that you really are a doctor" Erwin chuckled. In responce I giggled under my breath. Erwin smiled to the sound of my voice. His sweet looking smile made my heart skip a beat. Could this be love? No. It's only my wishful thinking.

"May I see your arm?" I asked reaching over to his bandaged arm. His smile faded away in a instint and nodded. We lost eye contact and his ocean eyes moved back to the window.

I unwrapped the bloodly bandage he flinched slightly but I continued. I knew he was ashamed of his lost arm. I looked at his armless shoulder the skin had grown over the wound. I caressed it gently making Erwin and I meet eye to eye once again.

"It's beautiful" I whispered tenderly. He smiled. Yes. That smile. I've only been here for a few minutes but only his smile will make me fall for him without regret.

"Please take good care of me" he smiled in tender lonesomeness.

"Of course" I nodded. I was going to heal Erwin. His physical scars and his inner ones.