Accusations and Evil Death Mist

"Hazel!" Nico barreled past me and ran to his sister. But then he went past her, advancing upon a figure hidden in the dark that I didn't notice before.

There was a surprised yelp and some clattering as what sounded like metal fell on the floor. Then the figure emerged from where it was working behind some sort of control panel, revealing a bright red suit, and due to the helmet being on the floor, curly brown hair. I felt my eyes widen. Leo?

The furious light in Nico's eyes was so intimidating, I flinched as he stalked towards the son of Hephaestus, who scrambled away until he was pinned against the wall.

"L-look, I can explain-" Leo stammered, shirking away from the waves of pure anger. "It's not what it looks like!"

"What is there to explain?" A Stygian Iron sword was drawn and the blade pressed at Leo's throat before he could say anything else. I saw Leo glance down at his helmet lying a few feet away, like he really wished he had it with him. "You are the only person around. You knew Hazel was injured because you covered her side with a cloth, but still worked on the lights anyway. You weren't even helping her when we got here!"

Things were looking pretty bad for Leo, but I was far more worried about Hazel. While Nico continued his steady stream of threats, I took Will's hand and pulled him away from where he was watching the two with narrowed eyes.

Changing the intercom receiver to just me, him, and Reyna, I told them, "Hazel- she's still breathing. Maybe we can help her."

"You guys go do it- I need to keep a lookout." Reyna sidled up to the doors, her hand gravitating to the pommel of her sword. She glanced back when she saw we weren't moving. "What are you waiting for? Go! Quickly!"

My brother hesitated, looking like he wanted to berate Leo with Nico, but changed his mind and nodded.

My heart was racing inside my chest as I pulled the cloth off of Hazel's limp body. Please don't be horribly injured, please... when I saw what was underneath, I almost cried with relief.

It was a jagged, long, but relatively shallow cut, and though the blood loss was definitely not optimal, she could still most likely survive with some quick treatment. But conveniently, I had an instant-heal, glow-y flashlight brother with me.

"Will?"

"Already on it." He knelt down next to me, putting a glowing hand over the wound. There was a searing brightness, and the cut closed, though not completely. The color returned to Hazel's face, and she stirred in her sleep.

"Okay, she should be fine provided we get her to medbay soon." Will said, looking a bit tired from the energy exertion. He shot a glance behind us, where Nico and Leo still were. "But... do you think he really did that to H-"

The sounds of many footfalls echoing through the walls of the hallway drowned out his last words.

Reyna barely had time to scream, "Incoming!" Before a large crowd of people burst into the room. I saw dark blue, cyan, pink, and white; that meant all the groups were here now. They stopped at the doorway, and I saw eyes dart frantically around the room. Then everyone started shouting all at once. Frank rushed over to Hazel's side, followed by Jason and Piper.

"Quiet" Annabeth yelled, with an air of authority that I had only seen a few times before. Instantaneously, the noise level was suppressed, though there were still nervous murmurs in the crowd. She then turned towards Nico and Leo, the latter of which was still being held at swordpoint. "What happened?"

Leo swallowed, causing a little trickle of blood to run down his neck from the pressure of the blade.

"I came over to the engine room to fix the lights, right? I know how to navigate through the ship and fix the technology better than anyone else, so I went alone to not put you guys in danger." Percy crossed his arms, but nodded to confirm the claim. "When I got into the room, I switched on my headlamp and- and saw Hazel bleeding on the ground. I almost panicked, but I knew you guys were relying on me to get the lights back on- I figured the sooner the electricity was running again, the sooner someone with real medical skills could come to help."