Chapter Fifteen - No Proof, One Touch

Disclaimer: This one gets a little bit NSFW, but it's very VERY tame and not explicit at all, don't worry. Just a warning in case anyone is reading this in public or next to someone for whatever reason haha.

*~~~*~~~*

By all accounts, Karlie was miserable.

It was evident in the way she lazed about in sweatpants, leaning on her good arm in the corner of the living room at the table. She hadn't asked Taylor to move her or to help her with anything in at least two hours. She'd just been on her laptop, the typing having stopped a good twenty minutes ago. Taylor watched her out of the corner of her eye, writing up a paper she'd put off. While she was making good progress on it, she couldn't help but worry about Karlie.

Cara took her to and from class when she needed to go and helped her take notes when she got tired of trying to type with one good hand. But once class was over and Taylor was back home, it was her duty to take care of Karlie.

And clearly, Karlie hated it.

Taylor frowned as she heard the clock in the living room tick seconds by. Every so often, Karlie would clear her throat or sniff, which was the only reason Taylor knew she hadn't just fallen asleep sitting down or something. The silence was unbearable. In the dark of the bedroom—Taylor liked working with the lights off—she shut her laptop and pushed herself off her bed, closing the distance between her and Karlie.

"Babe," Taylor whispered, wrapping her arms around Karlie from behind and leaning down until her face was beside Karlie's ear. "You alright?"

"Yeah," Karlie responded. "I just can't focus on this stupid assignment. I have to code a functional website for commercial usage, but I feel like I forgot HTML 101." Her lips tightened into a frown as she stared blankly at the computer screen.

Taylor glanced at it and wished she could help, but all she saw in the strings of code were colours and words. None of it made sense. "Take a break, Kar. It's nine p.m., you've been at this for five hours."

"I can't," Karlie argued. "It's due tomorrow night and all I have is a landing page and some buttons that lead to other blank pages." She growled and rubbed her hand on the bridge of her nose. "I feel like my brain's full of static."

"You're not gonna get anything done if you're already foggy," Taylor pointed out, placing a tender kiss next to Karlie's ear. She smiled as Karlie shivered at the touch. Taylor had figured out that was a sensitive spot for her. "Come on, take a break. We can do whatever you want. Watch something on my laptop, snuggle, go out for a walk... Anything."

Karlie hesitated but then turned toward Taylor and closed the tiny distance between their lips. She flicked out her tongue at Taylor's bottom lip, Taylor more than happy to give her access. Karlie swiped her tongue against Taylor's and bit her lip gently before she leaned back. "Ugh, you're a terrible influence."

"I know," Taylor whispered, running her tongue over her lips. She glanced down at Karlie's mouth, already drunk on her taste. "But you love it." She craned her neck forward and kissed Karlie, this time being the one to demand entrance. She'd already mapped out the inside of Karlie's mouth, she knew how to move her tongue against Karlie's. Karlie groaned as Taylor deepened the kiss, leaning her body closer to her before wincing and pulling away.

"Ow, shit," she grumbled, putting a hand over her torso.

Taylor frowned and licked her lips. "Are you okay?"

"Just my rib," Karlie whispered, almost sounding out of breath. "It's okay, I shouldn't have tried to turn my body like that."

"Sorry," Taylor said with a smile. "I should have asked if you were comfortable before trying to make out with you."