Chapter Eighteen - Who Could Stay?

On Saturday, Karlie woke up next to Taylor.

They'd decided to completely ignore the inflatable mattress on the ground because they had a large enough bed, so why not put it to use?

Karlie loved the way Taylor breathed quietly next to her. The way her chest rose and fell quietly, slowly. She was calm, calmer than she had been while awake in the past few days.

She thought that even while sleeping, with her hair in a mess and tangled up beneath her, with her mouth slightly ajar and one arm up over her head, Taylor was beautiful. Just absolutely beautiful, and she wanted nothing more than to just stare at her girlfriend as she slept, even if it was a bit creepy. But could she really be blamed?

Unfortunately, though, Taylor stirred, clamping her mouth shut and letting out a small hum, as if she was trying to say something but she was too tired to even do that. Her eyes fluttered open, falling instantly on Karlie.

"Good morning," Karlie murmured as she watched Taylor rub her eyes and stretch.

"Hi," Taylor whispered in return.

"I didn't think I could fall for you more, but you look so flawless even when you're waking up," Karlie told her quietly.

Taylor murmured something and pulled the sheets up closer to her face. Her long arms reached out to Karlie's neck and pulled her down on top of her. "Mmm, let's sleep a little longer..."

Karlie laughed and let herself be dragged down, embracing Taylor as the blonde tried to fall back asleep. "No, come on, baby, it's already nine."

"Exactly," Taylor muttered, wiggling her way into the crook of Karlie's neck. "Sleep time," she whispered against her skin.

Karlie instantly broke out into goosebumps at the feeling of Taylor's breath against her neck, but she tried to pull away regardless. Apparently, sleepy Taylor was impressively strong. "Taylor..."

"Mmm," Taylor hummed, pressing soft kisses against Karlie's neck. Karlie sighed and relented, letting Taylor work her way to her jawline. "It's too early."

"And yet you're already kissing me," Karlie teased, not at all upset at the development. She rolled her neck a bit, giving Taylor more access. "You're evil, you know how much I love it when you kiss my neck."

"You have such a kissable neck," Taylor argued, daring to softly lick at Karlie's skin.

"Taylor!"

Taylor groaned and pushed Karlie off of her with a pout. "How are you still arguing when I'm trying to start something?"

Karlie laughed. "We're in your house with your parents. I'm sure they're in the living room or something. Right outside the door."

"Yeah," Taylor reluctantly agreed. "Whatever..."

"Come on, let's go say hi," Karlie suggested. "I think I can even walk there myself. I've been trying to put some weight on my leg, doctor's orders. It doesn't hurt, and obviously, I can't walk very much on it but just around the house I should mostly be fine."

"Ugh, fine," Taylor groaned, sitting up. She ran her fingers through her hair and did her best to get it in some kind of order. "Don't hurt yourself."

"I won't," Karlie promised. "I just have to make sure the muscle stays in use."

True to her word, Karlie carefully stood up, grabbed her toothbrush off the dresser and waited for Taylor to follow because she knew that if she left, Taylor would just lie down again. She crossed her arms as best as she could and waited for Taylor to follow. With a groan, Taylor stood up, grabbed her glasses from the nightstand, and followed suit, letting Karlie lead the way out of the bedroom.