Chapter 103

It was as if a ferocious beast stood in front of me. His anger seemed to reach to the tips of his toes.

"I should have struck first."

Blood trickled from Rublet's forehead, torn by the impact of the wall. Unperturbed, Rublet scowled at the man.

"... Ah, how annoying."

He flicked his gaze in my direction and muttered.

"I wonder why you're so popular."

Yeah, I wonder why I'm so popular... And what's wrong with that guy, is there something wrong with me simply because I'm a woman...?

I wiped the spot where Rublet's lips had been on the hem of my robe and thought to myself, Whatever it is, I need to get out of here.

So as the two men snarled at each other, I slipped quietly back into the guild and called out to Leather.

"I'm sure they're fighting outside, so throw them both out. Oh, and don't forget the money pouch."

I'm grateful that he kept his word, and I'm grateful that he beat up Rublet.

But you still have to take care of what you have to take care of.

"Yes."

With that refreshing reply, Leather scurried out of the room, and after watching him go, I returned to the Master's room.

I was alone, so the room was silent as a mouse, but my mind was as tumultuous as if a storm had come and gone.

I felt like my soul was being sucked out of me just by standing, so I slumped down on the couch in a heap.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I was doing the same thing with the man with sunset eyes. You can't tell me... it's just a mood...? Please tell me it's just a mood. Please.

So there I was face buried in my couch, grunting with internal pain. The crown prince doll and the evil dragon doll that were lying on the couch like me came into view. Aigoo...

In a fit of frustration, I crushed them with a cushion, spun around to face the ceiling, and pressed my hands to my face.

***

Shortly thereafter, Leather did as I asked and began selling lottery tickets at Luminous' restaurant.

Of course, the Queen had banned shop-in-shops, so we couldn't sell them legally, but who are we to argue, aren't we the ones who formed the Dark Guild under the radar of the law and filled it to the brim with money?

Dressed as a counter clerk, Leather began to covertly sell lottery tickets to customers with his trademark smooth talk.

"Don't you want to see the miracle of ten thousand gold becoming two billion gold?"

The customer frowned at the apothecary-like sound.

"What do you mean, ten thousand gold becomes two billion?"

"We're having a banquet in Luminous this week, and if you bring this and join us, we'll raffle off two billion gold."

"... Hmm."

The guest awkwardly coughed and tried to pretend he hadn't heard. He had heard the Queen's warning to never go to Luminous' banquet, so he was trying to avoid it.

Leather, who had caught him in the act, spoke up.

"The announcement of the winner will be made at 5:00 p.m."

In other words, it was not too late to attend the Count's banquet after the lottery was announced.

The tempted nobleman hesitated.