𝐈-𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

The adoption 

A baby cried, wailing until his throat was raw. He was too young to understand, too young to know about any of this. He wouldn't even remember his mother's name, her face. The scientists would take care of that.

Her parents expected her to be okay after this? Watching these strange men in suits rip her baby out of her hands and carry him away? HER baby. Hers. 

He was nothing more than a pet to them, a shiny new thing to take apart and figure out how to put together. 

"Alexander" She cried out in sync with the baby. Her hands outstretched, reaching for her child again. "His name is Alexander, please— don't take that away from him"

 "Cameron" Her father warned, his grip on her shoulder tightened. He was keeping her back, his hand was the only thing keeping her from taking her baby back from these agents. "Darling, it's  for the best"

She wanted to argue, she really did. But she knew what her father was thinking. She was a few months away from her nineteenth birthday, looking at universities. Whatever had happened that day— suddenly finding herself nine months pregnant and popping out a baby— that would have to stay a secret. Though, Cameron still couldn't wrap her head around all of it. She had woken up normal, and then suddenly she was giving birth. 

Her parents had called her crazy for wanting to keep the baby. 

None of them knew what caused any of it, all that they knew was that it wasn't natural. And if it was a devil baby, then they were more than happy to get rid of it.

Barely three hours out of the womb and men in black suits had come to take him away. The woman looked so devastated, the agents felt a twinge of sympathy as they carried off the boy.

"Make sure you get her to sign on the adoption papers" An agent whispered to another. "We don't want any lawsuits in case they change their minds"

Alexander was the only baby they managed to get their hands on