6

kiss to make it better 

"If even half of that blood you're covered in is yours, you need to sit"

Five all but pushed him onto the singular couch.

Alex took the time to capture his surroundings.

Fives apartment was pretty bare, like a hotel room. Even though he had been with the commission for months, it didn't look like he was living there. Plain walls, grey couch, a commission issued tv gathering dust, and from what he could see of the other rooms, the rest of the house seemed the same way. Alex's own appartment was full of souvenirs and small trinkets, posters everywhere. In the fifteen years, he had settled nicely.

Alex was starting to discover that everything about Five was in direct contrast to him. But he was still trying to help.

He remembered basically nothing of how he had ended up here and it terrified him to no end. It used to happen a lot when he was younger. He would lose hours and days randomly. Maybe it was his mind's way of deciding to block out the bad stuff, maybe it was just his mind fucking with him.

Whatever it was, Alex hated it. He hated not knowing what had happened, what he had said, what he had done, what had been done to him.

It was just so fucking frustrating, he wanted to rip out his own hair.

"Alex? Alex?" Five had been calling his name.

"Hmm?"

"What happened?"

"Violated Commission code" He shrugged, trying not to show how much pain he was in "Assaulted a superior"

"So they beat the shit out of you?" Five furrowed his eyebrows. He did that a lot.

"No, they were going to throw me in holding" Alex tried to remember the conversation, "Then I bit one of them and started yelling and throwing punches so they beat the shit out of me. In my defense, it was fifteen against one"

"Why do I always have to be stuck with the idiots?" Five glared at the ceiling as if divine intervention would give him the answer. Alex wanted to point out that their job was technically divine intervention. "All of you, all the same. No fucking braincells. Tell me, you have a fucking brain under all that precious hair of yours?"

"Yes... hopefully"

"Why the hell would you assault a superior?"

"The Handler" Alex leaned back on the couch, wincing everytime he moved. Pain was good for the first few minutes but then the healing part sucked. "I punched the Handler"

"Wonderful!" Five said it with so much gusto, Alex almost didn't catch the sarcasm, "You'd get along swimmingly with my idiotic siblings. I think it's because we're all born on the same day and apparently I'm the only one who got a functioning brain"

"Hey!" Alex protested. But since he was bleeding all over Five's couch, he couldn't say much else.

Five disappeared into the adjoint room huffing and cursing about idiots, and Alex almost called for him. He didn't want to be left alone, not right now, not like this.

All he had to do was close his eyes and he would be back at the bunker.

He could save his younger self. But according to the Commission, time had to flow properly and that meant so much suffering, so many wars, so much torture.

Maybe Five had been right to question things.

When Alex was agreeing with Five, there was definitely something wrong with him.