9

fluffernutter ❞ 

"What's the date?" Five said as he slammed a wooden cutting board on the table. "The exact date"

"the 24th" Allison answered.

"Of what?"

"March"

He was aware of everyone glaring daggers at him and maybe he deserved it, but he didn't think he was entirely to blame. 

"Good" He said, mostly to himself as he opened the packet of bread and began making himself his comfort sandwich. 

His siblings' eyes wandered between him and Alexander, though they didn't even try to be subtle about it. With every passing second, Alex seemed to grow more and more annoyed. 

He tried to punch Five but got dragged into the kitchen by Luther, and Five imagined that didn't do much to lift his mood, especially now that the two of them had shrunk. 

If he wanted to, Alex could squeeze any one of their hearts and make them drop dead, but the fact that he hadn't was some solace to Five. He needed all the help he could get to stop the apocalypse, the more the merrier. 

He didn't technically mean to bring Alex with him to 2019, but since the man tackled him, Alex brought himself with Five. It was his own stupidity that landed him here, though Five still had doubts he would try to contact the Commission, so he would have to keep an eye on him. 

"So" Luther began and Five already knew it wasn't going to be good, "Are we gonna talk about what just happened?"

"What happened is you kidnapped me" Alexander spoke up, Five didn't have to look up to know he was probably pouting with his arms crossed across his chest like a toddler throwing temper tantrums. 

"No one asked you to come along, Mars" Five rolled his eyes. "You should've gone back when you had the chance"

"Why can't you just take the easy way out for once?" Alex huffed. 

"You mean the one where you wanted to kill me?" 

Five didn't mean to blurt it out so quickly. Maybe he should have saved their arguments for another time, they had worse things to worry about and generating animosity between his siblings and Alex this fast was not a wise idea. He needed to slowly win Alex back over, to show him how terrible the Commission was. The night he showed up bloody and beaten on Five's doorstep, he had believed it. So Five could make him believe it again. 

He wouldn't be able to do that of course if all his siblings murdered Alex. And the way they were glaring at him made their thoughts pretty clear. 

"It's nothing" Five shook his head. As much as he hated it, this rag tag bunch of misfits was the only team he had and he somehow had to save the world with their help, even if things weren't going according to plan just yet. 

He lay two slices of bread down, looking up only to catch Alex's eye. His siblings didn't buy it, they still glared at Alex like he might jump across the table and try to strangle Five. Actually, he could do that, but Five figured Alex didn't want to get his ass handed to him thrice in the same 24 hours. 

"Peanut butter and marshmallow?" Five had to force the words out of his mouth. He wasn't used to... this. He wasn't used to needing to be nice. He was used to brute force, to force people to do what he wanted, order them to do as he pleased. But he needed Alex's cooperation as much as he hated it. 

"Yes, please"

A million things were going through Five's mind, mostly about what the future held, how the world would be destroyed, how he only had one chance to save his family and the world, but also about how he fucked up. His calculations were off. Just because Alex joined him through the portal, didn't mean that was the reason they were currently in the body of their teenage selves. Actually, Five had done the calculations for two people anyway. It was easier to blame it on Alex because it was easy to be mean to Alex.