sept

the two found themselves on the side of a highway connecting to the metropolis, watching the zooming cars pass by as they strolled forwards, unsure of where they are headed off to.

chenle munched on a loaf of bread happily, his hands interlocked with the taller's while jisung was deep in thought, his mind a complete atrophied mess as thoughts kept piling on top of each other. glancing at his phone, he tried to get a hold of himself as he calculated the best route to the airport in his mind, while simultaneously wondering how his parents are doing at that moment.

jisung knew that he just caused a shit ton of more stress to the family as he practically went missing, but he was sure that they were rejoicing on the inside because he left. after all, having a reputation problem isn't good so destroying the one entity that was causing the reputation loss is a win anyways.

even if he left for his own sake, jisung still felt guilt impale him as he's only causing more problems because his parents went out in search of him, even putting enough effort to put missing posters everywhere within a day of his absence. all he could hope was that the panic would die down and his parents would rejoice and live their lives happily later on.

"sungie..." a small, squeaky voice elicited from his side, coming from the older who was now pouting, his attention now on him and not his half-bitten loaf of bread. "you never tell me what's wrong yet you keep on worrying. what is it?"

jisung composed himself as he let out a small smile, ruffling the older's hair. "it's nothing, le. i'm just worried about where we can stay for the night. you see, we don't really have much money, so it's kinda difficult to find a place..." he enhanced his lie, trying to make it more convincing for him. "so, yeah, it's really nothing-"

unlike what he thought the smaller's reaction was going to be, chenle was on the verge of tears.

"then why are you crying, sungie...?" chenle sniffled as he glared at the taller, the stare burning holes in his skin. "i know it's something else but you won't tell me anything! d-do you hate me...or something...? d-did i...do something wrong...?"

with that said, chenle started to break down as tears blurred his vision, his legs wobbling as jisung immediately came to his aid, now completely panicking yet clueless on what to do. he hurt someone he loves...again, and he lost count of how many times he did hurt others.

then again, there will be a time where he will repent all those who hurt— by ending his own sad excuse of a life.

before chenle could say a single word, he shrieked as he felt something nimble yet swift whoosh by his hands, now feeling that his loaf of bread was missing. darting his head towards the front, his peripheral vision caught a white ball of fluff now speeding out of the street. before chenle could react, jisung took to his heels and grabbed the snack and the fluffball in either of his hands.

the little fluffball in question was a small ragged puppy that looked as if it was on the verge of death. it whimpered and squirmed in his grasp, going desperate lengths to even let out a pained, whiny bark at the sight of the loaf of bread now in jisung's hands.