Chapter: 11

“You are the best thing,
that’s ever been mine.” 

After informing their parents about their little ice cream walk, the two got inside the car as the driver drove to the nearest convenience store.

It took them about twenty minutes from their home to get to the convenience store. As they got out of the car, Mirae excitedly ran inside and straight to the ice cream aisle.

Miyeon chuckled at her sister and turned over to her driver, "Uncle Min, you can go for now. When we're done I'll let you know fifteen minutes before.", With that she got out of the car following Mirae.

She walked inside the convenience store, roaming her eyes around. They soon landed on the cashier who stood behind the counter. He was short yet looked intimidating but his smile was cute. He was good-looking and his hair was messy but it made him look quite attractive.

She tore her eyes off of him making her way over to the ice cream aisle looking for Mirae. She found her standing looking at all the options she had.

"Did you not choose yet?", she questioned once she stood next to Mirae. She picked a chocolate ice cream for herself.

"I'm a bit confused between these two.", she said pointing at the two different ice cream flavors. Miyeon nodded, understanding her dilemma. She gave it a thought picked both the flavors and started walking towards the cash counter.

Mirae followed her sister confused but she had an idea of what she might be doing. "Miya, what are you doing?"

Miyeon kept walking nonchalantly towards the cash counter giving Mirae a knowing smile, "Why contemplate between two when you can have both."

A smile broke out on Miyeon's face. "Really? You're going to buy both of them for me?"

Miyeon nodded at her sister's enthusiasm smiling. She was happy if her sister was happy. Once she reached the counter, the cashier guy gave her a small smile.

"Hello! Is this all?", he asked scanning the three ice creams and typing something onto his computer screen.

"You need something else?", Miyeon turned over to Mirae who quickly nodded her head, and before Miyeon could agree or say no she already scrambled away to look for what else she wanted. She was not going to miss the chance to have a free treat.

Miyeon shook her head at her sister's childish behavior. "Sorry give us two minutes."

"Sure it's no issue.", he smiled and continued typing on his computer screen. While standing waiting for Mirae, she looked over at the short boy's name tag.

'Jihoon'

The name tag read.

"By the way. Don't mind me asking but are you Kim Miyeon.", Miyeon looked at him wide-eyed, hearing her name coming out of his mouth.

Realizing he might've sounded creepy, Jihoon shook his head continuously his hands extended also shaking as a no, "I've just seen you on the news that's all. You're quite like a celebrity. Sorry if I sounded a little creepy.", he apologized rubbing the back of his neck. His cheeks colored in a shade of pink.

Miyeon giggled at his embarrassed face, "It's okay. You're not the first one to ask me this. Moreover you're too cute to be a creep though we never know.", She winked at him.

If he was red on the face before, now he was a complete tomato. Since he looks so serious and unreachable, people always tend to maintain their distance from him, but Miyeon's forefront and blatant flirting caught him off guard.

He cleared his throat awkwardly, "You're pretty too.", he said and turned around as if looking for something behind him.

There was just a plain white wall behind him.

Miyeon chuckled at him and muttered a 'Thanks'. He was nice and cute she thought.

The two were kind of the same. Both looked elusive yet were the sweetest people anyone could ever meet. But no one ever tried to approach them. For Miyeon it was because of her family background and her supposed rumour.

For Jihoon it was plainly because of his serious appearance.

Soon enough Mirae came back with her hands filled with different eatables and kept them on the counter turning to Miyeon, "That's all."

Miyeon surveyed the loads of items she brought and raised a brow at her, "This is all?"

Mirae nodded and urged her to pay quickly, or else their ice cream might melt. Miyeon sighed and handed over her card to Jihoon who scanned the rest of the items handing them over to her along with her card after paying.

Miyeon handed over the items to Mirae who ran outside and turned towards Jihoon, "It was nice meeting you Jihoon.", and started walking over to the exit.

"Wait.", she turned around to find him walking towards her. She looked at him confused until he was right in front of her. He handed her a chocolate bar. Correction. Her favorite chocolate bar.

"I love this chocolate a lot. I hope you like it too.", he told her with a smile.

"I love this too. Thank you so much Jihoon.", She smiled brightly making his heart flutter and so he told her what he only told his close ones.

"You can call me Woozi."