prologue

13 years agoAge 10

13 years ago
Age 10.

"That's the last of it dad" Devon, my brother said carrying my barbie bag over his shoulder.

We had just moved from Geneva, Switzerland to here in San Francisco just because my dad wanted to start a new business.

Safe to say, I hate this place with all my soul. I can't believe he did this to us, I had to leave my friends, my life back there.

I was going to start a new in this place, I had to start gaining popularity slowly because no one knew me here.

"Come on Elle" my brother said putting his arm around my shoulder as we walked into the house.

The house had that new place smell and I instantly know that I won't like it, I had my room all decorated up back I Geneva but I doubt that it'll be princess like here.

"Welcome to presidio heights family" my father shouted running around the house, I was still in a slump, I didn't want to do anything at all.

"What's wrong sweetie?" He asks me, I shrug my shoulders looking the other side not wanting to face him "draga" I still didn't look at him.

"You can't be mad at me forever now can you, I'm sorry we had to move little one but daddy has to start a new business" I looked at him.

I was the exact replica of mother when it came to attitude and daddy knew he didn't stand a chance at it.

"Puteai să ne lași la Geneva, tată" I tell him, slowly getting angrier "I know draga but I was worried for you guys okay, we'll finish up what I've come for then head straight back to Geneva, is that okay?"

I nod my head a smile forming of my lips "now let's have a look around" he stretches out his hand for me to take and I do just that.

I hold my barbie doll with one hand and hold my daddy with the other.

We take our time looking around the house and it's really beautiful, not as big as the one in Geneva but I guess we'll make it work.

Daddy wasn't exactly rich, he just owned three wine companies, an airline, a mine and a few five star hotels across the world.

Not that big of a deal, I know about these things because he said I'll become his successor when I grow up. My brother doesn't want anything to do with the businesses he wants to become a military man.

He's been fighting alot with daddy because of that lately.

"Okay, here's your room" he opens the door to my new room and we both walk inside "how is it?" He asks excitedly making me scowl.

"You don't like it?" I shake my head "then what's the problem, draga?" I sigh turning to him "it's not pink" he let's out a heavy breath chuckling.