3.

"Brooke, Sharee get up. Time for school." My mom came into the room yelling at us. I was so scared to move. I felt myself bleeding in between my legs. I rushed to the bathroom and sat and cried. I took a quick shower and watched all the blood. All the pain. The constant reminder of last night go down the drain.

I got to school and I didn't want to be bothered. Everyone was asking me what was wrong. I didn't even bother to respond. I didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to talk about it. Hell, I ain't even want to be talked to.

I got in my last hour of the day. The class was mixed with sixth and seventh graders. It was only 8 people in our class since it was criminology and not a lot of people wanted to do criminology. I saw my friend Erin staring at me for the longest, as if he could see right through me. As if he knew the pain and knew what I'm feeling.

"Brooke, come with me." He held out his hand and I grabbed it and followed him. We went out into the hallway. He started straight into my eyes and then pulled me into a tight hug.

I felt something I never felt before. Love. Security. Compassion. Empathy. He didn't even have to say a word to me to know that he knee I was hurting.

"What happened, Brooke" He asked while still holding me.

"I ... he... he raped me." I said crying.

"Who did, baby?"

"This boy that my mama babies. He touched me. Then he put it in and I screamed and cried." I said sobbing.

"You ain't tell yo mama? Or yo mama ain't hear you scream? " He said with a little anger in.his voice.

"No, he said if I snitched he would do worsem things to me." After that I didn't want to talk about it anymore. I just wanted to be in Erin's arms feelings protected.