The Tale of Brown'Ear

Chapter 1: His Beginnings

A little kit zoomed by his sleeping mother. They lived in a abandoned barn off to the side of a road. The little kit awoke his sleeping mother asking, " Mother! Can we go outside? I want to play with my friends!"

His mother who is just awaking said, "Sorry Brown'Kit, but you cant. Your friends probably aren't awake yet. It's six pm." The mother said this while hiding her face in the hay she slept on.

"Okay..." Brown'Kit said, sleeping next to his mother on the soft hay.

He lay awake waiting for it to be eight pm. His mother would surely let him out by then. He knew that she just wanted to protect him from the monsters and two-legs but he couldn't help but feel sad.

When it finally turned eight pm, Brown'Kit sprinted out of the barn onto the cool soil. His friends, Hallow'Kit, Pumkin'Kit, and Spice'Kit, jumped out of the barn following him. His friends were triplets, born to his mother's friend.

They hopped around the farmyard pouncing on each other playfully. Hallow'Kit soon felt an odd feeling... She felt as if there was someone near other than them. She stopped playing but her sisters and Brown'Kit kept their game going.

"What was that?" Said Hallow'Kit, alarmed by the noise she heard from the bush a little beyond the fence.

"What was what?" Spice'Kit said following Hallow'Kit's gaze. Spice'Kit stared at the bush watching closely for movement.

Suddenly, a clan cat known by the name of Lemon'Pelt, pounced on Spice'Kit. His large size made the kit no match for him. At this point Brown'Kit, Pumpkin'Kit, Hallow'Kit, and their mothers were only about ten feet from them ready to attack. "Stay away, Brown'Kit!" Brown'Kit's mother growled. Brown' Kit ran to his mother shaking in fear.

"Let her be!" hissed Blood'Shade, Spice'Kit's mother.

"Now what if I don't?" said Lemon'Pelt, "You are just puny rogues. What could you do to stop me?"

The mothers leaped at Lemon'Pelt claws out. Blood'Shade knocked Lemon'Pelt off and set Spice'Kit free from hostage.

Blood'Shade and Lemon'pelt  clawed and scratched each other, neither winning.

All of the kits safely out of the way, ran into the barn as the fight grew worse. The kits squeezed under some boxes and tarps. They were safe but that didn't mean their mothers were. Brown'Kit was worried about his mother because he had seen her pounce on the clan cat before they hid.

Outside of the barn, Blood'Shade and Oak'Leaf, Brown'Kit's Mother, were fighting Lemon'Pelt. The rogues were winning but they were hurt before the fight.

Lemon'Pelt growled throwing Blood'Shade off of him. Oak'Leaf hissed and bit him on his neck. Blood'Shade clawed the underbelly of the clan cat who is trying to fight off Oak'Leaf.

Lemon'Pelt, who realized he was loosing to the fight he'd thought he'd win, yelped and managed to slip away. He ran with his tail between his legs out of the barnyard.

Blood'Shade and Oak'Leaf were hurt but knew how to treat wounds since they were originally from a clan. They knew more clan cats would come back so they ran into the barn to retrieve their kits.

The four kits who were still hiding came out from their hiding place when they heard two sets of paws come in to the old barn.

"Mother!" Spice'Kit said running to her mother, in tears.

"Are you ok?" Blood'Shade said checking if Spice'Kit was hurt. To her relief she was not hurt.

Brown'Kit ran to his mother embracing her into a hug, he was careful not to touch any of her wounds.

"I'm glad you're safe." Oak'Leaf said as she licked her kit's head.

Hallow'Kit and Pumpkin'Kit were licking their mothers wounds while their mother explained, "I'm sorry but we need to move away from this barn."

"Why? Will Brown'Kit come with us?" Spice'Kit asked sitting in front of her mother.

"More clan cats will come if we continue to stay here. We want all of you to be safe from harm. To answer your question Spice'Kit, Brown'Kit and I will come with." Oak'Leaf said as she licked her wounds and bandaged them up.

"We should leave today. Kits go back up your stuff and Ill clean my wounds." Blood'Shade said.

Brown'Kit was happy his mother, his friends, and their mother were okay. He went to go get anything of value to bring to the next home.

When everyone was ready to go, Oak'Leaf and Blood'Shade led the way to their new home. They had found a place across the thunderpath to live.

"Brown'Kit come on we want to be there as soon as possible." Oak'Fur called to her kit.

"One moment!" Brown'Kit said as he gathered some juniper berries and ran to his mother.

"What's that?" Pumpkin'Kit asked pointing to the tunderpath in front of them.

"Dear, that's the thunderpath. The thunderpath is a path that monsters take. When the go along it the monster makes a sound like thunder." Blood'Shade said walking onto the path.

Blood'Shade's kits followed her along with Brown'Kit and his mother. They walked along ears alarmed to any sounds.

Suddenly a monster flew across the path and into the group. No one had time to react. Thankfully everyone survived the crash.... But not everyone survived the wounds from it....

___________________________________________________________

Hello! Thank you so much for reading! I'm sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger! I might continue this story. I will also say thank you to those who followed! {I know WOFavocado asked you to follow but thank you anyway!}