Chapter 6: Repairing the Clan

Brown'Paw woke up to the pattering of his mentor, the new deputy, as she walked into the camp, looking upset like everyone else.  He realized he had slept in the middle of camp and got up to greet his mentor or at least comfort her, but soon threw that idea out the door.

Fused'Fur perched upon the Clanrock and Cave'Star shouted, "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath the Clanrock for a meeting!"

Brown'Paw sat himself near the rock as other clan members followed and sat around the Clanrock. He recognized a cat he knew, Prowling'Pebble-(JK JK JK) Marshy'Fog. She is a quiet warrior he didn't see much.

"As you all know, the past leader, Nightmare'Star, passed on to StarClan.", Cave'Star said as Brown'Paw heard, "May she rest in StarClan" and other phrases from the group of clan cats surrounding him.

The leaves swayed above the new leader and deputy as a moment of silence passed for Nightmare'Star. Brown'Paw looked down to see a small ladybug crawling over to him, unafraid. The glistening spots on the bug's back made Brown'Paw feel more relaxed. The bug crawled in between him and another cat, Whistle'Song. The big tom's tail slashed out of anger for the passed leader and scared the little bug.

"-Clan dismissed." Cave'Star said just as Brown'Paw looked up and started to listen.(totally not because I didn't feel like writing Cave'Star saying some random stuff-)

Brown'Paw didn't really care that he missed the meeting, he could ask his mentor later. He looked up in the sky just to see a dove fly ever so elegantly above the clan camp. He felt a nudge on his right and looked over to see it was his mentor.

"There's been a lot going on this week, why don't you rest?" Fused'Fur said, a saddened look in her normally happy eyes.

"Of course." Brown'Paw replied as he got up to head to the out skirts of camp.

He had so much to think about, where should he start? He walked up the gravelly path to his sunning rock. He placed himself on the top of the rock to think. Hallow'Paw, Pumpkin'Paw, and Spice'Paw walked from the camp up to the rock. Without a word they all sat on the rock, looking up at the calming sky to relax and think.

Brown'Paw could hear Pumpkin'Paw murmuring to herself, "Poor Nightmare'Star... May she rest in StarClan."

"I second that..." Spice'Paw whispered to her sister.

Hallow'Paw silently agreed with them both.

"I'm just wondering, now what? Our clan is in shambles since the passing of our last leader..." Brown'Paw sadly said.

"Well we may be apprentices but we can still help our clan." Pumpkin'Paw murmured.

"I agree, we can catch some prey for the clan and help some of the elders." Hallow'Paw said, more enthusiastically.

"Let's go then." Spice'Paw says as she gets up and heads for the prime hunting spot in all of their territory.

Hallow'Paw and Pumpkin'Paw walked back to camp.  Hallow'Paw looked back and said, "We're gonna help some elders and warriors while you two hunt."

Brown'Paw nodded and followed Spice'Paw down the path. This trees framed the path perfectly, creating a lovely shadowed path for warriors to cross. Bits of sunlight made their way threw the canopy. The songs of birds faded as they continued walking.

Brown'Paw stopped, he smelt a rabbit near by. He crouched low and followed the sharp scent. Once he was close enough he pounced on his unsuspecting prey, he then wrestled with the hare until it's body went limp.

Spice'Paw came up to him, a mouse enclosed in her jaws. She gestured for him to follow her back to came.

The two apprentices trotted back to camp. Soon they felt odd and started sneaking along the path. Someone was watching them, Brown'Paw knew it.

Just then a large tom lunged out of a bush and on to Spice'Paw. Unfortunately for the outcast-ed tom, Brown'Paw had been trained to deal with cats like him. Brown'Paw lunged at his former mentor, clawing his face. Lemon'Pelt winced, kicking him off. During their brawl, Spice'Paw managed to escape. Spice'Paw clawed at the tom's tail, ripping it off. Brown'Paw blocked the attacks from the outcast and managed not to get too badly injured.

Lemon'Pelt was bleed extensively, his tail was just a stub. Brown'Paw hissed at the tom. Spice'Paw lashed at his eye, blinding his left eye. The tom managed to get up and face the small apprentices.

"You little frog-dungs!", Lemon'Pelt shouted at the two apprentices.

"Well you wouldn't be hurt if you had just left us alone and weren't a fox-heart!" Brown'Paw hissed at the tom.

The tom, realizing he was out matched by two apprentices ran, I would say with his tail between his legs, but he doesn't seem to have a tail anymore.

The two apprentices grabbed their prey they dropped while fighting and hurried back to the camp. Their wounds needed to be treated and there was news to tell.

Brown'Paw's face hurt, he must have gotten a scratch on his cheek. He could make out that Spice'Paw had a hurt leg and she was missing a part of her left ear. Overall, neither got that hurt even though they battled an entire warrior.

They walked into the camp, dropping the prey off and headed to the medicine den. They entire clan was looking at them, whispers surrounded them.

"StarClan! Where have you two been and waht even happened to you?!" Black'Tail, Pumpkin'Paw, Spice'Paw, and Hallow'Paw's mentor, asked, very concerned.

"Well, its a long story." Spice'Paw said, looking at Borwn'Paw as if to ask if he could explain.

Black'Tail led both of them to the medicine den as Brown'Paw explained what happened.

"-We went hunting and we got ambushed by Lemon'Pelt." Brown'Paw said, finishing his story of how they got so hurt.

"Well, you two certainly fought well." Dreamy'Night replied as Chaos'Paw treated their wounds.

Black'Tail said, still very concerned, "There going to be fine right?"

"Yes, they don't have many wounds and they wounds that they have aren't very deep." Chaos'Paw reassured him.

Spice'Paw has her ear and leg bandaged, while Brown'Paw's wounds were still getting treated by the medicine apprentice.

Black'Tail talked with the medicine cat for a while before leaving, by that time it was almost night.

Brown'Paw yawned, he wanted to go to sleep but he couldn't. He needed to see Fused'Fur before he fell asleep.

He got up, careful to not awake Spice'Paw.

"Where do you think you're going?" Dreamy'Night asked Brown'Paw.

"I want to see Fused'Fur real quickly." Brown'Paw replied walking across the hard stone floor to the tall doorway.

Dreamy'Night sighed, "Fine, but be quick."

Brown'Paw trotted out of the medicine den and down to the Clanrock. Fused'Fur walked from behind the rock.

Fused'Fur looked Brown'Paw over to make sure he was fine before sighing, "I'm glad you're alright and proud that you fended off that fox-heart but please don't leave the camp without permission from me or a warrior with you."

"I will." Brown'Paw agreed, yawning.

"Why don't you get some rest." Fused'Fur smiled.

Brown'Paw smiled back, happy to be home.

_________________________________________________

Yes that's the end, I didn't know how to end it. Thank you for reading and have a great life!

(BTW this is the last chapter since I have other projects I'm working on!)