2

Yeji was at home, alone in her room, when she heard a knock on the door.

"i'll get it!" Yeji said, but Hyunjin, being the typical brother who thinks everything is a competition, pushed Yeji to the side.

"hey! ugh. eomma!!! Hyunjin pushed mee!" Yeji stomped on the floor.

"you're such a crybaby!" Hyunjin yelled as he rushed downstairs, leaving Yeji fuming upstairs so she just decided to stay at her room.

when Hyunjin opened the door and saw Ryujin with her mother. he tilted his head, puzzled.

"who... exactly are you?" he asked, pointing at Ryujin then at her mom.

then, Mrs. Hwang interrupted when he was about to ask another question.

"come in!" she said, "i'm sorry about my son, he's very... curious." she secretly smacked Hyunjin's head, which they didn't notice.

"oh, don't worry! i came to drop Ryujin. she asked if she could spend the night here, and i don't mind since i can trust you to take care of my daughter." Mrs. Shin said, holding Ryujin's wrist.

"i'm glad you allowed Ryujin to spend her night here!" Mrs. Hwang smiled, "Yeji is already waiting for you upstairs." she said.

"do you want me to guide you?" she asked, but Ryujin was zoning out.

"are you okay?" Mrs. Hwang asked, Ryujin then returned to her senses and just nodded.

after her mom left, Ryujin followed Mrs. Hwang and noticed how comfortable and beautiful her home was.

Mrs. Hwang smiled. then she asked, "so, do you have a crush now?"

"no, i am still too young for that," Ryujin stated, awkwardly smiling.

Mrs. Hwang didn't make her feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. but she just doesn't know how to communicate or reply to questions like that.

"i see... well, i liked Yeji's father when i was your age," she giggled, and Ryujin's eyes widened.

"woah, so you have been together for a long time?" Ryujin exclaimed, surprised. she was amazed by Mrs. Hwang's story.

"oh please, i didn't even expected it. i was only six!" she giggled.

"so, how did you and him... you know, got together?" Ryujin asked, curious.

"well, since we weren't allowed to date at the time... of course we were not allowed because we were only six!" she laughed, "we were childhood friends that time and we were neighbors, then we liked each other. when we turned fifteen, our parents didn't allow us to date until we turn eighteen so we actually waited until we turned eighteen. then he courted me, we dated, got married... now, we have Hyunjin and Yeji." she explained.

"that's a lovely story, Mrs. Hwang! my mother and father met when they were eighteen and got married when they were twenty-five!" Ryujin chuckled.

"is that so?" Mrs. Hwang smiled. "well then, we're already here. just knock on the door and wait for Yeji to answer it. it might take a while since she is really like that, slow to open doors. anyways. i'll be downstairs if you need me," Mrs. Hwang said and went downstairs, leaving Ryujin in front of Yeji's room.

knock knock

she waited for Yeji to open the door, but two minutes had passed and nothing happened.

she waited for another two minutes. then she heard stomping and the doorknob twisting.

i guess she's finally opening it.. Ryujin thought.