3

MARCH 2026

YEJI

i was both excited and nervous as i folded each shirt and placed it in my suitcase. the university acceptance letter from Yonsei University still felt like it was a dream, and the thought of starting a new chapter of my life made me feel really excited.

it was great that a friend of my mom allowed me to stay at her home until i graduate since i'm living in Jeonju while my mom's friend is located in Seoul, near the campus.

i am Hwang Yeji and i'm 19 years old. i'm still afraid to communicate with people BUT i'm learning about it. i love sweet foods and also snacks.

i felt sad because i had to leave Hongsam and Insam, my two dogs, for university. but Hyunjin promised to take care of them for me.

he's finally useful, for once.

"Hyunjin-oppa! can you help me lift my suitcase?" i called out for him.

i waited a few minutes, then figured he was just ignoring me since i knew he was playing with his headphones on.

"HYUNJIN-OPPA!!" i yelled.

"what the hell do you want this time?!" Hyunjin shouted, raging mad. i was sure that i interrupted his game.

"help me with these!" i replied as he scratched his head in frustration, knowing he couldn't do anything because he knew i was leaving for university.

"damn you." he said. as he lifted my suitcase and my other things, he rolled his eyes at me.

"eomma!!!" i shouted, causing Hyunjin to stop walking.

"don't you dare." he gave me a death stare, making me giggle.

when he left, i looked around the room and it was weird seeing my room without my stuff.

"i'm gonna miss this room, for sure.." i whispered to myself.

i continued to look around 'til my phone vibrated, making me confused.

weird, i don't even have friends.

i reached my hand out to get my phone out of my pocket and saw an unknown number popped up on my screen.

huh? what do they mean by slow?