Chapter 3

Trigger Warnings: None

____________________

Donnie sighed softly and pulled away from Casey, standing back up. "Do you feel up to standing? Or eating?" he questioned softly. He had no clue if Casey's body was still exhausted or not. It was always a possibility, so it was best to take it slow and careful.

Casey Jones sniffled and used his arm to wipe away his tears, before nodding.

"Yeah... Yeah, I think so.."

Casey struggled to stand, his legs quaking and he felt a mixture of numb and wobbly. It was odd. The tail certainly did not help, as the new weight threw him off a tad bit.

Donnie helped Casey keep his balance, holding both of his paws till he was sturdy. He saw how stressed the other was, so he leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss to his cheek, resulting in Casey blushing, and grabbing Don's arms.

He took a deep breath as he looked at the door, his anxiety threatening to spill over, until he looked back at the purple cladded turtle, and smiled a bit, his tail swaying ever so slightly.

As the two walked out, they began heading to the kitchen, when they were rudely interrupted by a familiar voice.

"CASEY"

The two teenagers looked over just in time to see a flash of orange darting towards them.

Mikey quickly, and tightly, hugged the taller teenager, smiling brightly. "You're okay!" He spoke as he pulled away, keeping grip on Casey's arms as he beamed up at him. "And you're a mutant! That's so cool!"

Casey's ears fell slightly and he looked down. "Yeah... Cool.."

Donnie frowned at the two. He knew this was tough on Casey, and he understood that. Probably more than his brothers ever would. I mean, he himself truly wanted to be human. To have a normal life. And to think Casey had just had that ripped away from him. It must be awful...

Don walked over and gently placed a hand on the opossum's shoulder. "How about we get some food? Take your mind off it?" he offered.

Mikey gasped. "I was gonna get pizza!" He smiled, his tail wagging as he ran off to the kitchen. "I'll order some!"

Casey sighed softly, looking down at his paw. "Donnie...?"

"Yeah?" The turtle looked over.

"I... I wanna see myself."