𝟖: 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

-𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯-

Katsuki quickly pushed Kiri off of him as he hopped off of the cold kitchen counter. "Kat? Are you there?" Izuku called as Katsuki rushed to pull his pants up.

Kiri watched as he paced around the kitchen with the phone against his ear. "Um...Yeah. I'm here," Katsuki answered in a quiet almost choking tone.

He couldn't believe that he allowed himself to get carried away and fuck up everything he was trying to fix. "I need to see you," Izuku admitted.

His tone was defeated, fleeting as he spoke quietly. "Is everything okay?" Katsuki asked as he looked over at Kiri who was leaning against the counter, now tying his sweatpants once again.

"There's a diner, I'll send you the address. Please meet me there now," Izuku pleaded. His pride went out of the window, the argument before didn't matter to him. After what Ochaco did, he couldn't be alone.

"Okay, I'll be there." Katsuki hung up the phone before slamming it down on the counter and placing both of his hands over his eyes.

"So, are we good?" Kiri Shima asked as Katsuki slowly looked at him. "Good? You've got to be fucking kidding me." Katsuki raised his voice as he grabbed his other clothes and got dressed.

"What's wrong?" Kirishima asked as he fixed his dark messy hair. "I came over here to make things right, between both of you. And then this happens," Katsuki pauses and groans.

"I fucked up everything, for you. I was trying to do better Kiri, but you always just have this hold on me. And for some reason, I don't want you to let go."

Kirishima looked at Katsuki with low eyes, his energy now cold and sad. "I have to go." Kirishima watched as Katsuki grabbed all his things and walked out of the door.

-𝐈𝐳𝐮𝐤𝐮 𝐩𝐨𝐯-

I sat in my car and waited in the parking lot of a diner I used to go to when I was younger, with my dad. I sat and quietly listened to the small pattering sound of the rain hitting the windows and windshield.

Everything was better at night. The bright neon lights from the sign of the diner shined into my car giving it a dark red glow.

I picked up my phone which was constantly vibrating with all of the messages Ochaco was sending me.

I sighed replaying the situation in my head. "What are you talking about?" I had asked her in a defensive tone. "I'm not a fucking idiot Zuzu, I know you're fucking him."

"I'm not," I took a moment and sighed. "And what? My relationship is none of your business." I threw the folder full of pictures onto the ground as I walked towards the bar, pouring a glass to drink.

"It is, you know our arrangement Izuku." Ochaco had suddenly gotten serious, the sinister grin on her face falling flat into a thin line.

I stayed silent, gulping my drink as I leaned against the bar. I could hear her heels clack against the hardwood floor.

"You know I care about you Zuzu. I only want what's best and that boy," her hand pressed against my chest as it slid to my cheek, caressing my face.

"He isn't good for you." I looked down at her, even with heels our height wasn't a match. "You only care about yourself we both know this." I pushed her hand away.

Her face immediately changed from sincere to irritated. "Why must you be difficult?" She groaned as I looked back at her.

"We both know you're only doing this for the money and the publicity. You don't give a fuck about me you only care about what I do."

I got my phone and picked up the folder before walking out of the room towards the front door. "What would your father think?"

I had paused thinking back on everything he had said. Everything he had done.

I heard a knock on my car window and saw Katsuki making me snap back into the moment. I got out of the car and stood in front of him. "Hey," he said awkwardly as smirked.

He always seems to make me feel better. Even in moments like this where I feel like I'm drowning, he always finds a way to make me feel like I can float.

"Shall we?" He asked with a slight grin. We walked towards the diner and I held the door open for him.

We took a seat in one of the empty booths, cold leather hitting my skin as I sat down. Now what?

-𝐁𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐠𝐨 𝐩𝐨𝐯-

"So what's going on? Why'd you call me this late?" I asked, trying to break the thick air of silence around us.

The only thing to be heard is the glass dishes clinking together around us. "I don't want to talk about it. I just needed to take my mind off of it, you know?"

I nodded, trying to keep my composure and not snitch on myself. "So why call me?" I asked as he took a sip of the coffee the waitress had just poured for us.

"You're kind of my only friend or person I talk to often," Izuku let out an exasperating chuckle as I grabbed his hand from across the table.

"What do you want to talk about then?" I asked with a slight smile. God, I'm a piece of shit.

"About us, about the argument we had. It was stupid, and I shouldn't have gotten so angry to the point where I allowed outside issues to affect us."

Now I feel even more like shit. "I should've been clear about us. I don't want us to be a one-time thing, but you've seen Kiri, and how things are with us. I didn't want you in the middle of that."

Izuku sighed as he stirred his coffee. "Okay then, do this for me, Kat." I watched as Izuku adjusted himself.

"Be honest. I'm a very emotional person, I'm very quick to react to things to make me upset. Right now, and only now, I'm giving you the option to be honest with me." I felt the grip on my hand grow tighter.

"Is there anything going on with you and Kiri?" He asked in a calm and collected tone. Almost the same way parents talk to you whenever they already know what you did wrong.

I took a deep breath, took a sip of my coffee, and spoke.

*Hello guys. I don't even know if anyone is reading this anymore or if anyone is invested but I've had a lot of personal stuff going on and have completely neglected this story. I would love to continue it and continue writing in general because it's fun. I won't make any guarantees but I will try to update more often and provide you guys with chapters.*

Love you all and stay safe!