Future

Within the next couple of weeks of filing paperwork and a lot of waiting time. Everything settled, with the help of Charlie and Julia they helped reconfirm that Guile and Bonita did want this. Charlie happily watched as Julia and Guile planned everything out. Since it was very special, Interpol decided to celebrate the occasion as well. Julia drove Bonita over to the station, telling her they had to meet with Guile for something. Bonita didn't have any idea what was going on, but she felt nervous about it. She didn't understand much about how adoption works so she didn't even have the slightest clue.

The two arrived, the office seemed emptier than usual...it felt kind of off to Bonita. She held onto Julia's hand as they kept walking. Soon enough they arrived in front of the Lobby.

"Let's wait in here for Guile and the others." Julia told Bonita, soon opening the door for her. She smiled as the others had already been inside waiting for them. Bonita was taken aback by everybody in the room who yelled "Surprised!"

Charlie and Guile were in the middle of the room. Julia guided the confused Bonita towards the center and in front of Guile.

"I think you have the wrong person, it's not my birthday..." Bonita said with uncertainty, Julia laughed a bit.

Guile held some papers that he showed Bonita "Really? Then what's your name doing here?" Guile pointed and smiled.

Bonita looked confused as she read the papers, seeing her name and many other keywords for it to finally click in what this was all about. She sat there in stunned silence as she grabbed the paper and reread it to reconfirm her thoughts. Guile is now officially her guardian...

Bonita felt herself starting to cry tears of joy as she stood there, whimpering as she rushed over to hug Guile. She felt a 'thank you' wasn't enough to express how she felt to him. She worried how once she got into a new family she wouldn't see Guile again, but that fear is gone now. She leaned into Guile's embrace as they shared the moment.

The others that sat in the office clapped as Julia joined in on the hug. Charlie soon walked over and placed a cake on the table. Guile pulled Bonita away from him gently and wiped her tears. 'Do you want a slice of cake? You can get the first slice." he smiled warmly, tears were also in his eyes but he tried not to let them spill.

Bonita silently nodded, hesitant to ask about something "Guile..?"

Guile looked back at her "Yes, kid?"

"Does this mean I can...I call you Dad..?"

Guile felt the tears start to spill over. Dammit. That got the best of him. "I would be honored if you did, Bonita." He gave her hand a gentle squeeze, feeling overjoyed. Charlie felt a bit surprised by this side of Guile, this was the first time to see him like this in all the years they had been together as co-workers and friends.

Years would pass since then. Guile had gotten married to Julia and they had a little girl named Chris. Having a sibling was certainly new to Bonita but she welcomed the experienced with open arms. She enjoyed her time with the family, happy to be included. Whenever the bad times got reminded she would tell herself two things. One, she refused to forgive her stepmom and two, she refused to simply move on from her father's death. While she called Guile 'Dad", it didn't mean she stopped visiting his grave. Guile was everything good that reminded her of him. Of course, he was still his own person as well. Bonita accepted that.

When she was old enough, she decided to move out and give the family space. They all kept in touch for a period, Bonita would stay in the guest bedroom if she decided to stay for a few days. Life had other plans in mind, life had gotten busier than ever. Shadaloo was on the rise and one day Charlie went missing. With how busy Guile was, Bonita wasn't able to see him. The most she was able to do is talk to Julia and Chris whenever they crossed paths. It's weird how distant things became.

Guile would think back to Bonita every so often, knowing she was probably missing him. Julia and Chris already miss him as is. It sucked really, as time passed he hoped when this was all over they would be able to enjoy each other's company again. Little did Guile know Bonita and him would cross paths again, but once again under an unfortunate circumstance.