Epilogue: Hook

"Comfort from reality, when I let you sing with me.
Lay your head down to rest, put my voice to the test.
No one will have to know, your pain will surely go.
Gain comfort from reality, with the song of eternal sleep."

The crew sang the Siren's song off-beat in their drunken state. Sirens are the only thing we pirates fear more than Peter Pan.

The two boys we just saved may not like their current position, but it is their new life. I managed to find a way back to the Land of Parents if they wanted to return. They were probably reported missing or their families may believe they are dead.

Every member of the Jolly Roger is a Lost Boy survivor. They either escaped the clutches of Pan on their own or with the assistance of a member of my crew.

As years went on new stories were written. I was painted as a bad guy. Skull Rock was now my hiding place and everyone was told to stay away. He even named us the Jolly Rogers to mock us.

Typical plans from Pan.

However, the Lost Boys that were saved all went by new names. Some honored their birth name while others followed suit and took the names of their injuries like One Eye, Gimpy and Peg-Leg. Others took the names of their jobs like Swimmer, Plank, and Gunner.

There is only one Lost Boy who kept his name. Only one Lost Boy brave enough to bother me after all this time. The only Lost Boy that I have no words for.

"Pan has been spotted!" Hawk yelled from the top of the ship. With the eyesight of a hawk, I let him keep it.

"Mind the cannon!" I ordered.

My crew began to scatter to prepare for a battle against Pan. The Lost Boy who once went by Bear ran over to the cannon and took aim.

"Cannon," I yelled.

"Yes, Captain," the boy answered.

"Congrats son, that's your new name."

Pan circled our boat as my crew took fire. Other citizens of Neverland became witnesses to our weekly fights.

This world is a magical theater where fairytales and realities intertwine. We are all actors in this charade that Pan invented. A story created with lies to fuel a selfish hero.

No one but us knows the creation of the Jolly Rogers. No one knows our names, our stories, or our mission. They all believe we just kidnap the Lost Boys.

To me that is fine. I don't mind being the villain in his story.

My first mate ran up to me and handed me a machete. Wearing a honey badger hat his bright blue eyes looked upon me with his usual concern, after all these years.

"Did Mr. Smee make you that?" I asked as I tried to grab the hat.

I ended up knocking my first mate over when he went to pull away to protect his hat. I used my hook to lift him up by the back of his shirt so he could steady himself.

"Yes, Honey."

"For the last time, my name is Hook. Captain Hook."