8. Suspects

Travis

I looked at the picture again, but I didn't really need to. I knew I was right. That damaged area had not been there when we'd first found the summoning circle.

That means one of our team had deliberately pulverized part of the rock to hide something. But who? And why?

Kerry had found the circle, and Gemma followed at his heels like always. He'd called Clem over, then me, then Maddy. Jax, Gigi, John, and Tara had given it a look, but hadn't gotten close.

So four suspects - unless one of the others went back and did it that night.

That awful night Jax lay dying in his tent and we'd sat like helpless lumps around a campfire talking about princes and miracle workers ...

My memory was exceptionally accurate, but I still couldn't visualize what had been written in the destroyed part. Maybe if I could find out what it had said, it would narrow the suspect pool - and the motivation for the damage.

I took the time to consider if I should pursue this. It could be my chance to give Kerry his comeuppance if I let it go, but that could be true if I found out something, too.

In the end, I decided that more knowledge was never a bad thing.

And if it helps me get my revenge, all the better. 

###