C77

Just as he was thinking this, a “meow~” came from behind Shu Shuishui, startling him. He jumped in place and quickly turned around, only to see a small black kitten sitting there, seemingly appearing out of nowhere. It was indeed a kitten, about the size of a palm, a furry bundle with wet, big eyes.

As Shu Shuishui turned around, the kitten gave another meow, then pounced and hugged Shu Shuishui while rubbing against him.

After a while, Shu Shuishui, who had turned into a stone-like dormouse, stiffly extended his small paw to push the kitten away. “Stop! You’re a cat, and we won’t get anywhere!”

“Meow~”

“Let go of me!”

“Meow~”

“I’m a serious dormouse, and I already have a pet. Stay away from me!”

“Meow~”

Shu Shuishui thought, “Why is this cat not acting like a cat at all? Is it a strategy? Is the big cat coming soon?”

With that in mind, Shu Shuishui realized he couldn’t continue like this. The small kitten was already much larger than him. If a big cat arrived, he would be even more defenseless. Using some force, he managed to break free from the kitten’s clingy embrace, and without worrying about the direction, he dashed away.

The kitten chased after him unwillingly, but its four short legs were running so fast they practically tied themselves in knots, and it couldn’t catch up to Shu Shuishui. Shu Shuishui had confidence in his speed. After running for a while, he couldn’t hear the kitten’s meows anymore. Just as he was considering stopping…

Suddenly, it felt like he had stepped on some kind of switch. Everything around him started to shake. His vision blurred, and the world transformed before his eyes.

Shu Shuishui stopped in bewilderment. Due to his excessive speed, he had taken a few more steps forward from the inertia.

The rustic scenery from moments ago had vanished, replaced by a modern city. Towering skyscrapers blocked out the sun, and the roads were wide and smooth. However, many cars were parked crookedly, as if an emergency had suddenly occurred, causing a chain reaction of accidents.

Shu Shuishui found himself standing by the roadside, not far from a small car that had crashed into a street lamp. The car’s hood had crumpled from the impact, and one could faintly see a person sitting in the driver’s seat.

Cautiously taking small steps, Shu Shuishui approached the vehicle. When he was about a meter away from the car, he jumped with force, leaping to a height above the car window to peer inside.

Shu Shuishui saw a person lying facedown on the driver’s seat. The person had gray hair, likely an elderly individual, and their body showed no signs of movement or breathing. Eventually, with a soft click, Shu Shuishui hopped onto the car’s door handle, his two hind legs pushing against the car’s body, and his paws gripping the door handle. He pulled, and with a metallic sound, the door opened.

The agile dormouse squeezed into the car, climbing to the highest point of the seat. After confirming there was nothing unusual, he slowly approached the driver’s seat.

When Shu Shuishui reached the front of the steering wheel, he finally saw the driver. A strong sense of incongruity washed over him. The person slumped over the steering wheel had wrinkled skin, gray hair, and hands that clung to the wheel like withered branches. The skin seemed to shrink tightly around the bones, making them appear exceptionally thin.

But it was this elderly figure who was driving a stylish blue car, dressed in a red dress with a luxurious gemstone necklace around the neck. Shu Shuishui scratched his head with his paw. Were all the elderly people in this world so fashionable?