Chapter 27

Becky had slept in and was woken up with the incessant pings from her cellphone. She was tagged on her twitter account, Instragram, and tiktok with the head line, "The real truth revealed. Nop cheated with ex-manager. Betrayal at the closest."

Rebecca gasped when she read it, and when she clicked to the link it brought her to an article with a three clear pictures of that night at the nightclub where Nop had Winnie on his lap. One was a closeup of Winnie and Nop kissing, one with Nop's face resting in between Winnie's breast while she straddled Nop's lap, and lastly was a wide shot of the nightclub but with the two sitting intimately together. Those pictures showed bright as day of Nop's infidelity and it blew up the entertainment tabloids.

"How can that be?! Those aren't my pictures!" Rebecca wondered to herself. Rebecca's phone was ringing as she looked closely at the pictures and answered it without looking too clearly who was calling.

"Hello?"

"You bitch! You stabbed me in the back! You said that you gave me the hardcopies of those pictures you took in exchange for the divorce! You went back on your word! Are you happy now?! You ruined my career!" Nop was screaming like a banshee over the phone that Rebecca had to bring it away from her ear.

"It wasn't me! It wasn't me!" Rebecca tried to tell Nop, but he wasn't listening and kept on screaming at Rebecca. After a few seconds, Rebecca hung up on him because she knew there was no getting through to him when he was in a full blown tantrum. She had arrived to work in a daze and feeling conflicted because she was glad that the truth came out but also ashamed to be shown as the woman who was duped/cheated by someone close to her. She kept thinking on who could have taken the pictures and why release it now? Months after it had happened. When Rebecca look closely at the third picture, she could vaguely see the back profile of herself taking a picture of Nop and Winnie. Her colleagues were wondering too, some asked her outright and offered their sympathies, others simply whispered behind her back.

Rebecca hated it and gritted her teeth while swallowing it down because she didn't want to create a commotion, but it was her worst nightmare coming true-- another scandal. She hated the looks and the whispers. She detested being talked about for things that are in her personal life. It was going to be another storm of hate, accusations, conspiracies, and explanations to the public. 

"Hey BB, did you see the headlines? The truth is out there now! He won't be bothering you anymore. I took care of it." Freen grinned happily at Rebecca when she saw her around noon. Freen had arrived earlier to film her scenes while Rebecca was scheduled for later. Rebecca stopped what she was doing, she was stunned, "What do you mean you took care of it...what did you do?"

"I released the pictures. I had sent them anonymously to the press."

"WHAT?! WHY WOULD YOU!? How could you?! How did you get those pictures?" Rebecca shouted at Freen incredulously. 

"I took them. I was there that night." Freen replied slowly as if it would calm Rebecca's temper. When Rebecca had raised her voice, the other cast members who were also in the break room suddenly became quiet. When Freen had given them all the death stare, they all slowly got up and simultaneously exited the room to give the couple some privacy to talk. Rebecca waited for the door to close before she blew up on Freen.

"Do you know what you did? How could you betray me like that? I had pictures of them myself! Did you even stop to think why I didn't reveal them? I didn't want to be talked about! I hate it when people gossip about me. What you have done is reveal the lies I told to cover up the reason for my divorce and why I left my old agency. You've created a mess that I now have to deal with! Do you know how shameful I feel right now?"

"I don't understand."

"Of course you don't! Why were you there?"

"I was there because of another artist. I received a call that the artist was passed out drunk and needed to be picked up. I initially took those pictures to show how that artist's boyfriend was cheating on her while she was passed out drunk. Your ex just happened to be seated next to him. I didn't realize it was Nop and your Ex manager in the picture until later." Freen explained.