CHAPTER 6

Cale savored his drink as he strolled around, catching sight of a young man or teenager with jet-black hair, much like Choi Han's. The young man was accompanied by two cats, their colors standing out—silver and red. Even though Cale couldn't make out the person's face clearly, there was something about him that stirred his heart in an unfamiliar manner.

Lost in these thoughts, Cale failed to notice an enraged Choi Han charging toward him. It was only when they were mere inches apart that Cale finally registered Choi Han's presence. In the next moment, he found himself tackled to the ground. The sudden assault left Cale bewildered, wondering why Choi Han had appeared and why he was attacking him seemingly out of nowhere.

As Choi Han's fury was about to escalate, a deep voice called out Choi Han's name and a slender hand intervened, stopping him from further assaulting Cale.

Choi Han's Point of View:

While I was with Rok Soo, I noticed the unmistakable red hair, the same color I had seen during the village attack. When I turned my gaze, I found him staring at Rok Soo. Driven by a sudden surge of memories and emotions, I thought it was him and impulsively lunged at him, tackling him to the ground.

However, my rash actions were cut short as Rok Soo's voice called out to me. His touch on my shoulder broke the trance, and I realized the mistake I had made in acting irrationally.

Rok Soo's Point of View:

Roksoo was staring ahead while thinking about how to get rid of Choi Han off his tail. Suddenly, he witnessed Choi Han sprinting toward an unexpected figure with a terrifying expression on his face. The person in question was none other than Cale Henituse. This unexpected turn of events sparked confusion on Rok Soo's face. He recalled his conversation with Choi Han, during which Choi Han had never mentioned Cale. Furthermore, if they had encountered each other, it was highly unlikely that Cale would be casually walking around. These inconsistencies led Rok Soo to question if he was missing crucial information. Fearing the situation might escalate into something he didn't want to be involved in, Rok Soo felt the urgency to intervene and prevent further complications.

Cale, on the other hand, had been caught off guard by Choi Han's sudden attack. As he lay on the ground, his thoughts raced to understand why Choi Han had charged at him with such intensity. Shifting his gaze, he looked at the newcomer who he is the same person he unintentionally stared at moments before the assault. The person spoke as he calmed the eccentric Choi Han away from Cale. Inadvertently, their eyes met, causing his heartbeat to go haywire. The young man also seemed to share some facial features with Choi Han but with an Eastern touch to them. What caught his attention the most was the eyes; they bore an uncanny similarity to his own. But for some reason, my beating heart felt like it skipped a beat as I looked at him. The person came near me, stretched his arm to help, and simultaneously apologized for the unruly behavior of his friend(?). Reluctantly, I took the offered hand and steadied myself on my feet. However, that didn't explain the electric jolt that passed through my body like a bolt as soon as our hands touched. The sensation only lasted for a second, but it was clear that the other person had also felt it.

Ah, could it be... he's my soulmate?!!! It fits perfectly with the descriptions in the books and what Mother told me! That would explain the shock and racing heart...

On the other hand, Roksoo was panicking. Could it be that the whole soulmate bullshit that Cage had mentioned and the information from those books Taylor gave him were actually true?! He had always dismissed it as something random,
especially since it was never mentioned in the novel...

To think I have a soulmate in this world and it is the count eldest son. But one thing that is a relief is Cale was never mentioned after the incident with Choi Han in the book. That means I don't need to tag along with Choi Han and stay away from the wars and live an ideal slacker life...too many things clouded his big head as he stared back with partly hidden surprise and confusion.