Opening Call

A young girl was cooking popcorn on the stove while humming a soft tune. Casey Becker was getting to watch a movie. Not just any movie, however, but a horror movie. Although she wasn't an all time fan of them, she did appreciate Halloween. She was waiting for the food to finish when she received a phone call, & immediately picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hello, sorry, I think I got the wrong number."

"Seems so, have a good night. " She said before hanging up.

           She than walked away & started to go back to the kitchen. Of course when getting there, the phone rings again. Casey thought real hard if she wanted to pick it up or not. The girl simply sighed before going other. After a few rings, she answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I just wanted to apologize for calling the wrong number. "

"It's alright, you're already forgiven, stay safe."

         Casey than ended the call. She than started to skip away, only to stop when the phone rings. She gazes towards it suspiciously. Why wouldn't she? I mean, there is a good chance that it's the same caller as before.

         The blonde didn't pick up the phone. She than slowly walked away, only for the phone to ring again soon after. This made her a bit nervous as she quickly rushes to the kitchen & grabs the knife. She than slowly goes back to the phone. It than stops ringing gor a bit, though this doesn't give her any relief.

            She had a feeling it would ring again. And it did, after 31 seconds. She didn't know why she just noticed, but there was always an exact amount of seconds of when the phone would ring again. When thinking of 31, she immediately thought of Halloween. And it terrified her, because that meant she was trapped in a horror movie, & she was the opening kill.

         The phone rings again, this is the 6th time. And the final time. Casey knew it wasn't a prank like she hoped it was. She immediately picked up the phone to call 911 after the call ended. Unfortunately, she was soon tackled by behind as the glass shattered.

           The girl was able to kick them off & grabbed her knife before running. She was in such fear that she foolishly forgot the phone. She knew this was dumb the moment she left the house, but she couldn't turn back now. She continued to run until she accidentally stumbled over something as she kept looking back. She looked down & saw a body.

         The body wasn't just any body. It was her boyfriend, Steve Orth. They had just recently gotten together a month ago. And now he was nothing but a dead corpse, causing her to scream in terror. She heard footsteps behind her & she quickly snapped back into her senses, scrambling away in hopes of escaping. She had to keep going, no matter what.

            Her vision blurred as she couldn't stop crying. Unfortunately, that was her undoing as a knife was  soon stuck to her leg, causing her to fall in pain. She screamed as she got up & tried to run, but was no use as she was grabbed, causing her to drop her knife. The killer turned her body around & stabbed her arm before she could reach for her weapon. She clawed in desperation as she tried to use the mask against him, only for her limp arm to fall with the mask as she lied lifeless on the ground.

           Her parents arrived home shortly after. They frowned as they saw the burnt popcorn burning. They looked for their only daughter, only to no avail. They were worried sick for her. They called her name, but there was no answer.

"Casey? Casey where-" her mother started to yell, only to step outside & screamed before fainting.

        Her husband immediately ran outside before bursting into tears. There, strung on a tree was his daughter. Her normally bright blonde kept hair no longer had its normal shine. Her dull eyes bore into his as if reminding him the promise to protect his family no matter the cost, now forever broken. She hung there by their intestines, & she will be the first of many to fall prey of the Ghost Face.
______________________________________
Thank you all for reading this book. Stay safe! 725 words in total.

Casey Becker