Before You Read

Hello, this is the author.

If you could take the time to read this, I'd appreciate it.

This story, which is Splatoon fanfiction, is a slow burner. Events don't happen quickly, and characters are built up over time.

Another thing, you'll have to think. Ask yourself questions. Characters in this story are built in a way that requires you to pay attention and have a basic understanding of certain themes. Having a basic understanding of some characters will also help, but you don't have to do any homework. I've made plenty of modifications and liberties to these characters that I have written.

This story is mostly told in third-person. The narrative perspective, however, is predominantly seen through a male character's lens. Female perspectives will happen, but they are somewhat few in number.

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, please leave them in the comment sections of the chapters. I will read them and try to answer them as best as I can.

Remember, this story is fanfiction. If you're looking for quality, I applaud your efforts looking around Wattpad. (This is also cross-posted on Ao3. If you prefer that, it's there.) However, if you're looking for something to read to pass the time, you're at the right place.

Finally, this is nothing more than a small passion project. I never intended to write so much, but since I'm here, I decided to share. I'm proud of where it's going, but I'm open to criticism.

Have fun reading, everyone.

----
I can't believe I'm saying this, but please, don't advertise anything here. Discord servers, apps, whatever. I'm not interested. No one is.
----

----
I've been dabbling with the idea of using AI art for characters. Is this morally correct? That's up to philosophers. But, I'm not just generating art and using it as it is. I sketch the designs, let AI complete them, and apply some filters. It's fast, easy, and honestly, I'm not good at drawing. The reason for this is, well, to put it simply? I just wish to help the reader visualize what I'm thinking of.

If anyone would be willing to redraw, I wouldn't be against it. However, I'm not reaching out to artists myself, so anyone reaching out to me shouldn't expect financial compensation.

As of now, there are no images to be found. I'll have to finalize a workflow.
----