Chapter 1

Tsukkishima was at a loss. For one of the smartest 1st years at Karasuno, this AP biology test was kicking his ass. Most of this unit was difficult, biochemistry was not his strongest suit. Because of his smarts, he was able to join a higher-level class than most of the 1st years.

He tapped his pencil on the scan trone looking back and forth from the paper and the questions. He rubbed his eyes from under his glasses with a sigh and continued to fill in the bubbles.

"Pass it to the front."

The other students passed the paper to Tsukki. He could see their messy handwriting but didn't care. After waiting another 3 minutes before the bell rang for lunch, he left to meet Yamaguchi and eat.

Timeskip to the end of the day, the volleyball team was doing their usual Wednesday practice...all except Kageyama. He was nowhere to be seen and most didn't see him during nutrition break or lunch. The team took a 10-minute bathroom and water break, meanwhile, Hinata was wondering where he went.

"Hey, suga."

The setter was talking with Dichi and Enoshita when the little ginger called for his name. Suga turned his head in the direction of the voice.

"What's up Hinata?"

The boy looked up at his upperclassmen with a face of concern. God forbid Kageyama got sick, the team had a game coming up soon.

"Do you know where Kageyama is?" he asked

Suga had no idea, thus making his lips form a line on his face. Diachi chimed in knowing exactly where he was.

"He's getting some extra tutoring from a student, apparently the kid's a genius."

Suga smiles, finding out his underclassmen are taking care of his academics. Tsukkishima overhears this from the spot on the floor with Yama.

"The king is doing his homework for once? How surprising." He murmured

"Didn't you just fail that test you were talking about this morning?"

Tsukki shot his best friend a 'Wtf' face, Yama shrugged and continued to drink out of his squirt bottle. Ya....Tsukkishima got a 42% on that test. He really hated biology but wanted to take a more challenging class so it would look good on his transcript. The blonde scoffed thinking about how much he sucked for not studying enough.

"Unlike him...I actually do my homework, that test was just hard. Besides, the class is difficult in general." He tried to prove a point, which worked for the most part.

"But is the homework correct?" Yamma asked, giving the salty bean polo a side eye of wonder.

Tsukki paused for a moment.....he was really being tested

"For......the most part." He hesitated.

It genuinely was a hard class, lots of note-taking and labs to finish in one class period. It was hard to keep up, especially since no other 1st years in his other classes take AP Bio. Not easy to find help or a study buddy. He preferred to work alone, by himself, and not anyone else.

He ignored the thought and went back to practice after the break. Not even 5 minutes later Kageyama came walking into the gym door in a PE uniform ready to practice.

"Kageyama! How did it go?" Diachi paused for a moment to talk to him.

The others went on practicing, Tsukki on the other hand couldn't help but get a little noise. He could only hear bits and pieces from who this tutor was. A guy named Y/n, who apparently was extremely smart for a 1st year student.