Chapter 2

The next day was like any other. Tsukki got up, brushed his teeth, changed into his uniform, ate breakfast, and headed out for school. His 4th period was AP Bio, the class he dreaded all day.

Today was a lab, testing for Glucose, Starch, Lipids, or Proteins in different solutions. It wasn't too difficult, most of his group did the work because he didn't talk much in any of his classes. He couldn't stop thinking about the video of Kageyama and Y/n, he assumed the name because of the user on Instagram.

After class, he and Yama had lunch together and completed the rest of the school day. After was another volleyball practice but a little shorter than yesterday. The team was in groups practicing dives until someone came into the gym. A pretty muscular dude with a notebook and a black crossbody school bag.

The guy talked to the coach and waited till the teams were done and ready for a break. It was the same guy who tutored Kageyama, the other team members took glances at the boy and waited for what he would say. Kageyama noticed him and gave a small wave to his friend.

When they took a break Kageyama went up to say hi and Y/n handed him the notebook, Tsukki couldn't hear from across the gym but he assumed that he left his notebook at Y/n's house after studying together. Hinata was also interested in the 2nd year, and went up to him.

Hinata being Hinata, his loud talking was heard by everyone. He asked questions like, "How old are you?' 'Are you a 1st year?' 'Can you tutor me?'. He just would not shut up, Tsukki found it annoying and tried to block out the conversation.

Tsukkishima was on his phone paying no attention to the chatter across the gym, only looking up when Yama walked away. He walked to the group with Y/n and waited until Hinata was done talking to him. Tsukki looked at him confused until it clicked, Yama was trying to get Y/n to tutor him.

'Shit' he thought

He gave a distraught sigh, he could see Yama and the guy talking.....then he was being pointed at. Tsukki's eyes rolled and continued to scroll on his phone. Yama walked back over smiling all wide, Tuskkishima was not having it.

"What did you do?" He stammered

"Nothing much." He sat back down next to his bestie

"I asked the guy if he could help you with AP Bio."

Tsukki slunk and rubbed his face with one hand and put 2 figures on the bridge of his nose.
"Yamaguchi I don't need help." He sighed

"You've been struggling all year with that class...I've seen your grade..."

Tsukkishima whipped his head around quickly at Yamaguchi being able to see his grades. He ignored it due to him not gonna be able to do anything. Yet again Yama was right....it's been 3 months now and he has a C+, pretty good for a 1st year in a class like that but he aimed for all A's or some B's.

Daichi shouted to get back to groups but Y/n stayed. Turned out that he was pretty good friends with Kageyama so he stayed till after practice to walk home with him, plus to talk to Tsukkishima who doesn't know about that just yet.

The team ended and went their separate ways at the school gate, until Y/n stopped Yama and Tsukki.

"Hey, your Tsukkishima right?" He asked

Tsukki looked at Yamaguchi with a 'seriously?' face, all Yama did was smile and said he'll see him tomorrow, and walk away. Leaving the 2 boys at the gate with Hinata saying goodbye to Kageyama and some other students leaving their clubs. Kageyama waited by a bunch on his phone till his friend was done talking.

Y/n had a deeper voice than Tsukki had though, his h/l hair fell perfectly on his face and the way his e/c kissed the sun felt like he walked out of a drama show. His clothes were well put together, the kind of dude you would see on your Pinterest page.

"Yes, do you need something?" Tsukk responded coldly.

Y/n was taken aback but continued on the conversation, "You followed me last night, are you a friend of Kageyamas?"

Tsukki tsked, "Me and the king aren't friends, more like acquaintances."

Y/n made an O with his mouth and then closed it tight, "I see...."

Tsukkishima sighed in frustration at the prospect of having to interact with another person. His face twisted into a bored scowl as he looked at the other boy, and he tried to shift his body to show that he was completely uninterested in the conversation.

Y/n's face flashed with disappointment at his seemingly dismissive attitude, but he didn't let it stop him. He shifted his feet nervously, unsure of how to proceed. He knew that being too aggressive or forward wouldn't help his case at all.
"Well, your friend Yamagchi talked to me about your AP class. I also took it my 1st year."

He still tried to stay as closed off as possible, but he felt a little bad that he had snapped at him earlier.

"I don't need your help" He explained.

His tone was still cold, but there was a small hint of guilt in his voice.

"It's cool if you don't want to study together, I just don't want you to fail or anything. I know how hard the class is, I'm pretty good with science stuff. Maybe we can get you up to a B or an A." Y/n added.

He was trying his hardest to stay friendly and helpful, even though he was internally panicking because of Tsukkishima's seemingly cold attitude.

Tsukkishima didn't have a response to that, he was caught off guard by how insistent and kind-hearted the other boy clearly was. Even if he didn't like the attention, he couldn't resist the thought of doing better in class with less effort.

"Fine." He mumbled under his breath.

Y/n still felt nervous about his reaction, but he was also relieved that his kindness had been met with a favorable response. His e/c eyes lit up except for tutoring from his lower classmen.

"Great! You have my Instagram, just text me when you're available so you can come over to my place.....if  comfortable with that of course."

As Tsukkishima's frustration disappeared, his face softened even more as he looked over at the other boy. His expression showed slight curiosity, but he still didn't want to show too much interest.

"We can go to my house." He said, his voice slightly more relaxed than before. It wasn't quite a friendly tone, but he wasn't being as cold or dismissive as he had been before. There was a trace of wariness in his eyes, but he was still willing to try the idea of studying with him. Y/n felt like he had succeeded in a small victory, and his face brightened slightly.

"This is good! I really like helping people you know." Y/n whipped out his phone to check his calendar app.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Tsukkishima said

He still felt apprehensive about studying with someone he barely knew, but he couldn't deny Y/n now that he had already agreed.

"How about tomorrow at 4:30? You guys don't have practice right?" Y/n asked. He was genuinely happy that Tsukkishima agreed.

"That works." He responded, and put his headphones back on from around his neck.

This told Y/n Tuskki was done talking, Tsukkishima walked away while Y/n and Kageyama went to Sakanoshita Market for some snacks and then went home. Tsukkishima walked home with the song "The Title Track" by Origami Angel blasting on repeat.

He did his normal routine when home, afterwards he relaxed on his desk finishing up some notes and getting distracted with his phone every now and then. Currently finishing up some History homework when a buzz came from his phone, it was from Y/n.

@BunBon_Y/n to @Tsukkishima_D1n0

Y/n: Hey! It's Y/n, did you ask your parents about tomorrow?
        I don't wanna make them worry about some random kid
       walking with you 😂

Tsukkishima was hesitant to reply, but did.

Tsukkishima: Ya

Y/n: Awesome! Can't wait, do you need me to bring anything my
       flashcards or something?

Tsukkishima: No

Y/n: Kk, night 😴

He didn't reply anymore after that, putting the phone down and setting his alarm, he went to bed.