Chapter 4

It's been a couple of days since Y/n came over to tutor him, Tsukkishima did in fact see him the next day. Y/n and Kageyama became pretty good friends, hanging out during lunch and watching the team after school.

Tsukkishima and Yamaguchi sat by the tree they usually ate at. They didn't talk much, only really about volleyball and the game they had this weekend. It was just a practice game against Fukurodani, but they needed it for future competitions.

The bell rang and the boys walked to their classes before Yama turned to go in a different direction Y/.n had found them. His eyes lit up seeing the tall blonde and smiled so big that Tuskki thought he was hurting himself. Tsukishima gripped his bag to the point his knuckles turned white, not wanting Y/n to come over to him.

Yama waved bye and low and behold, Yn was walking in the same direction. Tsukki tried to ignore him by not looking in his direction, it didn't work though Y/n still came up to him.

"Hey, Tsukishima!" He beamed, walking next to him.

Kei looked only with his eyes as they continued to walk to class, he didn't say a word and only looked at Y/n to let him know his attention was captured. His headphones were still in but on a low volume, he didn't remove them, he didn't really care.

Y/n would speak but Tsukishima didn't hear much of anything, his mouth would move but it was only muffed by the song of his music. Tsukki would nod and say 'sure' and 'yes' to things he didn't actually know what he was agreeing to. It seemed to make Y/n happy and leave quickly, which was all he wanted.

Tsukkishima entered the classroom again getting ready for his English class, he didn't know what to think of the guy. Just a cheery dude who wanted to help him study. Other than his biology class he had all A's, so he could prioritize some time from his other classes.

After another 2 class periods school ended for the day and practice was about to start. Y/n had entered the gym when coach Ukai was making some announcements and such, Kageyama gave a small wave and went back to listening.

Tsukkishima also noticed him and tried to pay no mind. But his eyes and mind kept wandering to the boy sitting on a bench scrolling through his phone. Something about him felt mesmerizing and angelic. His eyes scanned the screen or his stance whenever he was sitting or standing, it was perfect in every way.

Obviously, no one is perfect, but most girls saw him as their dream guy. He was fawned over in classes and more often than not a hallway crush to most. He was pretty, a term used for a girl reposed on him. He was also very masculine when it came to being in shape.

Y/n was more of a lacrosse player than anything, but that was when he was in middle school. He didn't do so many sports now, more focused on his academics. But sports still interested Y/n, he would go to the park with his friends so when he had a family gathering he would play different sports like football or even basketball.

Back in the gym, the team started playing a match, half of them split into two groups and went against each other. The game with Fukurodani was just this weekend, so this game was needed. Y/n put his phone down and watched from the sidelines.

He didn't have a particular side he was cheering on, he wanted the entire team to do well. The match started when Takeda blew the whistle, and Yamaguchi was up to serve. The first round went well most of the time it was 50/50 with Kageyama's team winning which consisted of Suga, Tanaka, Hinata, Enoshita, and Narita.

Y/n, Yachi, and Kiyoko were cheering from where they stood and made sure to compliment each player when they did a good serve, pass, spike, you name it. The first set ended and they took a small break. Kageyama went up to Y/n to chat, and Tsukki could see that the king was getting praised.