Chapter I (preview)

Faith strugglingly walked around the shop, organizing everything after her master's wishes. She glanced up when she heard the bell chime and saw three people walking in. Watto flew around the desk and greeted them.

"Hi chuba da naga?" (What do you want?)
"I need parts for a J-type 327 Nubian." The man said coldly

"Ah yes, ah yes. Nubian. We have lots of that. What kinda junk?" He turned and yelled after Faith's older brother "Peedenkel! Naba dee unko" (Boy, get in here! Now!)

"My droid here has a readout of what I need."

Anakin came running in from the junk yard. He was dressed similarly to Faith in very dirty and oversized rags. Watto raised a hand causing him to flinch and glance at his sister who send him a comforting smile.

"Coona tee-tocky malia?" Watto scolded him angrily (What took you so long?)
"Mel tassa cho-passa..." His explanation was cut short (I was cleaning the bin like you...)

"Chut-Chut! Ganda doe wallya. Me dwana no bata." (Never mind! Watch the store) He dismissed and turned to to Qui-Gon "Soooo, let me take- a thee out back. Ni you'll find what you need." (I've got some selling to do here.)

Jar Jar picked up a gizmo, trying to figure out its purpose. Qui-Gon took the part out of his hand and put it back.

"Don't touch anything." He said firmly

Jar Jar made a rude face to Qui-Gon's back and stuck out his long tongue causing the youngest Skywalker to let out a happy giggle making him smile in content and walk over to her while R2 and Qui-Gon followed Watto towards the junk yard.

Anakin sat on the counter, pretending to clean a part, staring at Padmé. Embarrassed by his stare, she mustered up an amused smile.

"Are you an angel?" He asked
"What?" She questioned

"An angel. I've heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They live on the Moons of Iego I thimk. They are the most beautiful creatures in
the universe. They are good and kind, and so pretty they make even the most hardened spice pirate cry."
Padmé looked at him, not knowing what to say. "I've never heard of angels."

"You must be one...maybe you just don't know it."
"You're a funny little boy. How do you know so much?"

"Since I was very little, three, I think. My Mom and I were sold to Gardulla the Hutt, but she lost us, betting on the Podraces, to Watto, who's a lot better master than Gardulla, I think. My sister couldn't even walk yet" He said and pointed to Faith who was giggling at Jar Jar's funny faces
"You're...a slave?"

Anakin looks at Padmé defiantly. "I am a person! My name is Anakin."
"I'm sorry. I don't fully understand." She apologized and looked around "This is a strange world to me."

Anakin studied her intently. "You are a strange girl to me."

Jar Jar pushed the nose on a little Droid, and it
instantly came to life, grew legs and arms, and started marching around, knocking over everything. Jar Jar held on but wouldn't stop it. Faith fell backwards giggling

"Hit the nose!" She smiled

Jar Jar hit the nose, and the droid collapsed back into its original state. Anakin and Padmé laughed.

Jar Jar pulled a part out of a stack of parts to inspect it, and they all come tumblimg down. He struggled to catch them, only to knock more down.

Faith looked at Jar Jar with a smile and waved "You're funny. I'm Faith!"
"Meesa Jar Jar Binks!"

"...wouldn't have lasted long if I weren't so good at fixing things. I'm making my own droid..."

Qui-Gon hurried into the shop, followed by R2.
"We're leaving."
Faith frowned but waved at her new friend "Bye, bye Jar Jar!" He smiled and waved back before following Qui-Gon. Padmé gave Anakin a loving look.