Chapter 4

Supreme Chancellor Valorum, several guards, and Senator Palpatine stood on a landing platform.
The sleek Naboo spacecraft landed on the platform high above the street level of the galactic capital.
The ramp lowered. Obi Wan, Faith, Qui-Gon, Jar Jar and Anakin descended the ramp first and bowed before Palpatine and Valorum. Captain Panaka, two guards, Queen Amidala, then Padmé, Rabe, Eirtae and more guards descended the ramp.

Queen Amidala stopped before the group. Anakin, holding Faith's hand and Jar Jar stood to one side, looking at the huge city. Padmé smiled at the Skywalker children. Palpatine bowed before the Queen.

"It is a great gift to see you alive, Your Majesty. May I present Supreme Chancellor Valorum."
"Welcome, Your Highness. It is an honor to finally meet you in person. I must relay to you how distressed everyone is over the currant
situation. I've called for a special session of the Senate to hear your position."

"I am grateful for your concern, Chancellor."

Palpatine started to lead Queen Amidala and her retinue off the platform toward a waiting air taxi.

"There is a question of precedure, but I feel confident we can overcome it..."

Jar Jar, Faith and Anakin started to follow, then stopped, noticing that Obi Wan and Qui-Gon were staying with the Supreme Chancellor. Queen Amidala waved to the trio to follow her. Anakin looked back to Qui-Gon, and he nodded to go ahead.

"Wait! Faith, could you come with us?"

She looked up at Anakin who smiled and kissed her head. She quickly hugged him and ran over to the three

Anakin and Jar Jar joined the Queen, Palpatine, Padmé, Rabe and Eirtae in the taxi.

Valorum and the Jedi watched the taxi move off into the city.

"I must speak with the Jei Council immediately, Your Honor. The situation has become more complicated." Qui-Gon said to the Supreme Chancellor.

...

Qui-Gon stood in a tall stately room. Twelve Jedi sat in a semi-circle. Obi Wan stood behind Qui-Gon in the center of the room. The Senior Jedi was Mace Windu. To his left was Jedi Ki-Adi-Mundi, and to his right, Jedi Master, Yoda. Faith stood outside the room looking at a picture of her father.

"...my only conclusion is that it can be that it was a Sith Lord."
"A Sith Lord?!?" Windu replied looking at Qui-Gon in shock

"Impossible! The Sith have been extinct for a millenium." Ki-Adi said in a dismissive tone
"The very Republic is threatened, if involved the Sith are."

"I do not believe they could have returned without us knowing." Windu denied
"Hard to see, the dark side is. Discover who this assassin is, we must."

"I sense he will reveal himself again."
"This attack was with purpose, that is clear, and I agree the Queen is the target."

"With the Naboo queen you must stay, Qui-Gon. Protect her."
"We will use all our resources here to unravel this mystery and discover the identity of your attacker... May the Force be with you." Windu informed

"May the Force be with you." Yoda said

Obi Wan turned to leave, but Qui-Gon continued to face the Council.

"Master Qui-Gon more to say have you?"
"With your permission, my Master. I have encountered a vergence in the Force."

"A vergence, you say?"
"Located around a person?" Mace Windu asked