PROLOUGE

Flightfoot slinked through the trees, a brown tabby she-cat at his side.

"We're almost to the Moonpool." the she-cat murmured. "All we have to do is-" She broke off as a rustling noise came from the forest behind them. Flightfoot turned and squinted at the trees. A slightly darker sand-colored tabby cat was approaching the two cats.

"Stoneclaw." Flightfoot pushed out.
Stoneclaw slinked out from the trees, approaching the two cats. "Why, hello, Flightfoot and Vinecurl. I never expected to see you here. Off on your way to get your nine lives, I suppose?"
Flightfoot stared at him coldly. "Vinecurl, let's just go."
Suddenly Stoneclaws paw raced toward the bot of them, claws unsheathed, missing Vinecurl by an inch.

Flightfoot whipped around and hit the tom back, getting a direct hit on his nose.

Stoneclaw fell back and leaped on Flightfoot, who realized that Vinecurl had disappeared into the trees.

"You will never get your claws on Cloudpaw. Now matter how hard you try." the tabby tom snarled. "When I'm leader, I will go to great lengths to make sure you don't destroy ShadowClan."

Stoneclaw didn't reply, too distracted by the splatters of blood all over the forest floor. When the rogue was finally panting on the ground, Flightfoot raced toward the bush where Vinecurl was.

When Flightfoot reached the bush, he wrapped his tail around Vinecurl and hissed. "I can't believe that mange-pelt would try to stop me from becoming leader."

"I think it's time we go," Vinecurl softly meowed to him, and the sand tom nodded.

They ran as fast as they could out of the woods, until the cats could see the faint glow of the Moonpool. Flightfoot checked behind them to see if Stoneclaw was there. Fortunately, all he saw was forest with only the chirps of crickets.

"Okay, Vinecurl." he mewed. "I think we're safe now."
"Okay." the she-cat said. Then she started walking into the distance near the glow. Flightfoot quickly followed.

DISCLAIMER: This book switches POVs between chapters, and I heard some people's re frustrated or stressed by this. It is fine if you don't want to read the book because of it.