𝟬𝟬𝟱, the announcement

⮞ 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏, ᵈᵈ ᵒˢᵃᵐᵃ
❝ got me up all night, all i'm singin' is love songs. she got me up all night, constant drinkin' and love songs, ❞

ᴏᴍɴɪꜱᴄɪᴇɴᴛꜱᴜɢᴀʀʜɪʟʟ, ɴʏ | ᴛᴀᴍᴇʀᴀ'ꜱ ᴄʀɪʙ

ᴏᴍɴɪꜱᴄɪᴇɴᴛ
ꜱᴜɢᴀʀʜɪʟʟ, ɴʏ | ᴛᴀᴍᴇʀ'ꜱ ᴄʀɪʙ

ꜱᴜɴᴅᴀʏ ꜰᴇʙᴜʀᴀʀʏ 21ᴛ 2022 | @ᴛʜᴇʏʟᴜᴠ.ᴛᴀᴍɪ

coach anna rose to her feet, raising her glass to catch the team's attention. cutlery clinked as everyone at the table quieted down, turning their focus to her.

" so, i know you're all wondering why you guys are all here," coach anna started, gathering the attention of everyone seated around the large dinner table. " i have an announcement, and it's pretty important, so i didn't want to announce it at a regular old team meeting," she said.

tamera took a sip of her pink lemonade, keeping her eyes on her coach who was rambling, trying to build suspense. tamera hated that. she just wanted the person to get straight to the damn point.

" so... i wanted to tell you that... we're going to quarterfinals!"

the table erupted into cheers and applause, clinking their glasses together in celebration. high-fives were exchanged, and hugs were shared, faces beaming with pride and excitement.

" ahem!" coach anna cleared her throat, making everyone quiet down and turn their attention to her once again.

" i just want to say how incredibly proud i am of each and every one of you. we've trained hard for this moment, and now it's paying off. let's keep the momentum going and show everyone what we're made of in the quarterfinals!" she gave a little movtivational speech.

another round of cheers filled the small home as everyone celebrated.

tamera turned to her best friend with a huge smile on her face. " congratualtions imani!" she beamed, giving the girl a big hug. 

imani happily returned the hug before pulling away. 

" so yall goin ta quarter-finals?" jakari asked, busting into tamera's room

" kariii! why would you do that?" she asked, referring to him walking in without knocking. " i could have been changing!" she told him, turning her led lights to purple.

" but, yes we made it to the quarter-finals, coach announced it at dinner," she nodded, smiling brightly at her accomplishments. " we have two weeks to practice till we go to bufffalo," she informed him.

" dat's wassup," he smiled dapping up his little sister. " well, mom and dad out doin some shit," he shrugged. " so we home alone, right now," he sighed, sitting at the edge of her bed.

" so what you wanna do?" she asked him, sitting up.

" mmm..." he hummed, thinking hard. " you wanna get some chick-fil-a?" he asked her.

tamera's face brightened before a look of realization dawned over her. " yeah, i guess, but i can only have salad because i need to stay in shape for volleyball," she told him.

jakari busted out laughing but he soon stopped seing the look on his younger sister's face. " nigga, you jokin' right?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

" what? no, i'm being so forreal," she shook her head. " last time, i was a lil bloated and jackie was like calling me names and shit, i almost cried," she chuckled a little.

" umm," he looked at her weirdly. he didn't know why she was laughing because that not even funny. it's serious. but he wasn't going to say anything. " anyway, let's go,"