CHAPTER SIX, jelly fish jam

(alaina's outfit for the first part of the chapter is above & for the shoes she wears white sandlas)

A week goes by and Alaina finally got her ankle all healed which she was relieved about. She was also happy that she didn't have to use the crutches anymore.

Alaina walks into Nico's room that day, raising her eyebrows in amusement at seeing her boyfriend wearing a suit jacket over his hospital gown as he looked in the full length mirror in his room. "Very fancy, Nic." She teases. "What's the occasion?"

Nico jumps, startled and he turns around to look at her. "Ali! What are you doing here? You're early."

"Yeah, I finished work early and thought I'd come see my favorite guy." Alaina replied, walking over to him and wrapping her arms around his waist. She worked at her parent's animal shelter after school on some days, especially on the days when they needed help and were really busy. Today was one of the slow days. She leaned forward and kissed him.

"Your favorite guy, huh?" He smiles, his arms wrapping around her waist and kisses her back. "How's your ankle doing?"

"Better." She replies, sighing with relief. "And it's good to not have to use crutches anymore. My ankle doesn't even hurt. I can walk and run again."

"I'm glad. I hate seeing you in pain." He kissed her forehead and rested his forehead against hers.

"You were very sweet though." Alaina smiles, closing her eyes. "I can say the same about you though." She admits. Her gaze went to his jacket. "Really though, what's up with the jacket?"

"I raided the plastic surgery lost and found." He confesses. "Rich patients always leave behind their fancy clothes." He then pulls away after kissing her forehead and went to lean his elbow on top of a dresser, putting his other hand on his hip. "Okay, do I look good enough to judge people?" He asked as he raised his eyebrows, looking judgy.

"Uh, not really." Alaina giggles, shaking her head. "I mean, the suit jacket is great. You can totally rock it, but you're wearing a hospital gown underneath. A bit weird." She teased.

He rolls his eyes playfully and walks back over to her. "I was thinking about going to the school dance with you if the results of the bone marrow transplant is all good." He admitted, causing her eyes to widen in surprise.

"Wait, you know about the school dance?" Alaina asked in surprise. She wasn't in school anymore since she had already graduated a few months ago, she got to graduate early since she had took more classes in the summer, but she still kept up with the school and what was going on.

"'Course I do. I keep up with the school I used to go to." Nico responds. "I've always wanted to go to a dance with you."

"Me too." Alaina admits. "I have to go to the Jelly Fish Jam since I'm a chaperone." She shrugs. "But I guess it won't be that bad since Lahela and Steph will be there." She looks at him with a fond smile, wrapping her arms around his neck. "You're really sweet though for wanting to go with me. But are you sure? You don't have to. I swear I'll be fine." She had to admit, she would love to have Nico go with her, but she didn't want him to feel pressured into it.

"I know I don't have to." Nico reassures, placing his hands on her waist and he leans forward and kisses her forehead. "But I want to, Ali. You mean the world to me, and I want to be able to go out and do stuff with you like normal teenagers. Besides, the dance sounds like a blast, and I'm sure it'll be a great night."

"You really are the sweetest." Alaina gushes, blushing as she kisses his cheek. "I would love for you to come with me. But-"

"Hey, lovebirds." Lahela greets teasingly when she walked into the room. She pauses when she sees the two of them and raises her eyebrows. "Am I interrupting something?" She asked with a knowing smirk.