CHAPTER NINE, cancer free

As she got to the hospital, she called Lahela, notifying her what happened and an emergency medical team was sent out to help him and bring him into surgery right away. Alaina was taken in as well, being patched up for the scratches on her arm. Now she's waiting in the waiting room, waiting for him to wake up. He was stable, but he didn't wake up yet. Her heart was still racing, her leg bouncing as she waited.

She was so terrified and worried, her thoughts running wild. What if something had happened? What if he didn't make it? No. She couldn't let her thoughts run like that. She had to stay positive. He was stable, everything was going to be okay. He had to be okay. As she sat there, her parents and sister arrived. Her parents and sister were both concerned.

"We came as just as we heard." Her mom said, sitting beside her.

"He just wanted a normal day." Alaina frowns, a tear falling down her face. "He couldn't even have that." She whimpers, breaking down. "He checked himself out of the hospital today, he said he couldn't lay in a bed and just wait to die." She explains, sniffling. "We were on the way here, and he fainted. I had to take control of the bike and got him here. He had all these symptoms. He has an infection, mom."

"Oh, sweetheart," Her mom coos, hugging her. "Everything is going to be okay. He's going to pull through this. He's strong, and he has so much to live for. Especially you."

Alaina felt her dad rub her back. "We're here for you, kid. Everything is going to be alright. Your mother's right, he's going to make it through this." She sniffled and held onto her family tightly, finding comfort in their presence. She knew they were right, that Nico was strong and had a fighting spirit. She just hoped and prayed that he would wake up soon, that they could put this nightmare behind them and focus on getting him better.

Hours passed, and Alaina remained glued to her seat in the waiting room, her eyes fixed on the door, willing it to open and bring news of Nico's condition. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Lahela walked through the door, and Alaina's heart skipped a beat, her breath catching in her throat. She sprang to her feet, her body trembling with anticipation.

"Is he okay?" She blurted out, her voice trembling with anxiety.

"He's stable," Lahela reassures her. "We were able to stop the infection, and he's resting now."

Alaina exhales sharply, tears of relief welling up in her eyes. "Can I see him?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Lahela gives her a soft smile. "Of course. Just follow me."

With a nod, Alaina followed Lahela out of the waiting room, her legs shaking with each step. She felt like she was in a daze, her mind and body numb with shock and relief. As they approached Nico's room, she took a deep breath, steeling herself for what she was about to see. When Lahela opened the door, her eyes immediately fell on Nico's sleeping form, her heart clenching at the sight. He looked so small and vulnerable in the hospital bed, his face pale and drawn.

Alaina approached the bed slowly, her steps tentative and unsure. She didn't know what to expect or how she would react. As she stood beside the bed, her gaze drifted over his sleeping face, her chest tightening as she took in his pale complexion and dark circles under his eyes.

"He's going to be okay." Lahela reassures her, placing a hand on her shoulder and squeezing it, "You can sit with him if you want."

"Thank you." Alaina mumbled.

Lahela guides her over to a chair and helps her sit down, her hand remaining on Alaina's shoulder. "Take your time. If you need anything, just let me know." She said gently.

Alaina nods, unable to speak through her tears. She sits there, her eyes fixed on Nico's still form, her mind reeling from the events of the past few hours. She couldn't believe how close she had come to losing him, and her heart ached at the thought. But he was okay, he was going to be okay.