Chapter 34 - Where are you?

Perrie pov

My head throbs with pain, sounds are muffled, I open my eyes and blink to see where I am.

Bedroom

I don't recognise the place, I see a large wardrobe in front of me, a desk on the right with at least a dozen books left haphazardly and next to it a large bookcase. On the left a small bench and the front door.

Where the fuck am I?

I check my body but see no wounds, apart from the pain in my head, I seem to be wearing the same clothes as today. Or was it yesterday?

How long have I been here?

I hear someone's footsteps just outside the door and close my eyes pretending to sleep. I hope whoever is on the other side has no bad intentions. As I hear the door open I try to remember what happened before I got here.

I escaped. I found myself in a neighbourhood I didn't know. It was cold and dark. Footsteps. I heard footsteps behind me and started running.

Shit

James?

I tripped. Did James catch me? Did he drag me here?

Shit!

"She hasn't woken up yet" I hear a male voice but I don't seem to recognise it. The bed lowers and a wrinkled hand caresses my arm.

No! Please! No!

"Go get some ice" the same man orders.

How many are here?

What do they want?

"Wake up, dear" his voice is deep and hoarse, he strokes my cheek and arranges a strand of hair behind my ear.

Please don't touch me

I feel his hand run down my neck.

"No! Please! Don't!" I scream desperately as I cover my face with my arms.

"Look at me" a voice says. I recognise this one.

Jade pov

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" I rant in the middle of the park.

It's 4am and we've been looking for Perrie for hours now. We don't know where she is or with whom.

What if she's hurt?

If she got lost?

What if... what if someone took her?

What if they're hurting her?

Fuck!

The same questions run around in my head and I can't stop them, every possible scenario taking shape in my mind. I see Pez fighting with someone, or locked in a basement, or worse... dead.

In each scenario the scene is worse.

All the images of Alex and his friends come back to haunt me.

What if James had taken her?

If... if he was... raping her?

He said he would do it again. He promised.