Phantom Bride Part 5

Riddle had stepped up after the ghost soldier called him to go next with his proposal,"I swear my loyalty to you! Come what may, I promise I will never doubt you, nor will I hurt you." he starts off strong, not a hint of nervousness to be detected,"For you, I would do anything in my power. Would you give me your hand in marriage?" he finishes as he held his bouquet out, a warm smile gracing his lips,"Oh... My goodness... How convincing. I do believe my heart STIRRED for a moment." Ghost B swoons with awe.

"No kidding. That was so cool!" Epel had stars in his eyes,"I think my heart skipped a beat there." y/n admits, gently tapping her chest where her heart is located,"Pretty earnest yourself there, Housewarden." Ace teases back, agrin slapped across his face as Riddle turns red,"...C-cut it out, guys." he stammers with a weak glare.

"All three of you were merveilleux! And now it is my turn." Rook declares as he steps forward,"Those are quite tough acts to follow. It'll take more than some halfhearted words to set my heart aflutter!" Ghost B states and Rook flips his hair slightly, imaginary sparkles surrounding him along with roses,"Mon trésor, I implore you to allow me to be your eternally devoted love. I know of the centuries you've spent in solitude, so I have composed a poem in your honor." he says passionately.

"Ill-fated princess of yore...

Lo, how you make my heart soar.

Oh, your cold face streaked with tears.

Vibrant warmth, I'd share for years.

Eyes of azure, misty, yet strong.

You'll find I'll dry them ere long.

Once I've caught your clear-eyed gaze...

Undying love, yours always." he recites on the spot, holding his bouquet out with one hand as he finished, rendering his friends and the ghost speechless.

"Whoa..." Epel's jaw drops the slightest,"Dude, just hearing that made me feel like I was gonna blush." Ace admits, a single sweat droplet dotting his cheek,"Okay, now I know my own heart skipped a beat! No way a girl won't swoon for that!" y/n exclaims with pink cheeks while Riddle went into thought, revising the poem in his head.

"...Ah! Guys, try putting the first letter of each line together!" he instructs as Rook smiles a knowing smile,"The first letters?" Epel blinks twice,"You think I memorized that whole spiel?" Grim frowns with paws on his hips,"I should've written it down. What an oversight! Well, I can still do it for you. When you put the first letters together..." Riddle pauses for a bit,"They spell 'I love you'!" he reveals,"WHAT?!" everyone, but Riddle and Rook's, jaws drop at this.

"That's amazing! That didn't even occur to me!" y/n exclaims with awe,"Exactly. I'm pleased you noticed, Riddle." Rook chimes,"I'm a crossword expert, as it happens." Riddle reveals,"How is that relevant?!" Ace sweatdrops,"These Pomefiore guys are all weirdos, if ya ask me." Grim scoffs, jumping into y/n's arms,"'All'? Let's take it easy now." Epel gives the monster a pointed look, brow twitching a bit.

"Oh, was that not enough for you? Then allow me to proffer my next composition!" Rook clears his throat before reciting another poem, the same imaginary sparkles and roses surrounding him.

"Alas, in my chest's a hole.

Left from when my heart you stole.

Would that I could turn back time,

And escape this love sublime.

Yet there is no other way, Save going further astray..." he's immediately cut off by the ghost waving his hand wildly in the air,"Okay, enough already! You're wild about her! I read you loud and clear!" he sweatdrops before clearing his throat.