Glorious Masquerade: Let the Bell of Solace Ring Part 2

"No... How could this be?" Sebek utters, a horrified expression on his face as his hands tremble from rage,"How could Silver and I win the raffle instead of Malleus and Lilia?!" he exclaims with disbelief,"There are always winners and losers when you draw lots. That's the way of things. Wouldn't you agree, Malleus?" Lilia smiles as he looks at Malleus sitting on a couch and reading through a book.

"I do, yes. Why lament this turn of events? You should rejoice that you were chosen as our representatives." Malleus tells Sebek before pursing his lips"Admittedly, I didn't make it there in time for the headmage's drawing..." he sighs as he turns a page.

"I have trouble rejoicing as well. Sebek and I are supposed to be your guards, Malleus. It would be wrong for both of us to leave you and venture into another country..." Silver confessed and Lilia pats his back,"Oh, don't fret about the details! The young should make the most of such opportunities when they arise." he says reassuringly before pinching his own chin.

"Besides, I've enjoyed more trips than I can count. Now it's your turn. No more fretting, go off and enjoy yourselves." he adds and Malleus marks his book before closing it gently,"Lilia speaks rightly. Have enough fun for all of us." he requests with a smile,"M... My liege... Such compassion! I, Sebek, shall devote my life to serving you!" Sebek salutes with dramatic tears in the corner of his eyes.

However, the moment was ruined when there was knocking at the door,"Hm? We seem to have a visitor." Malleus notes as he stands up and uses his magic to open the door to reveal Crowley on the other side,"Hello there." the headmage greets as he enters the room.

"Why, if it isn't the headmage. What brings you here?" Lilia greets with a smile, although also with curiosity,"I have something important to discuss regarding the social." Crowley announces before turning his attention to the taller student.

"Draconia! I know this is short notice, but I'd like to add you to the guest list!" he reveals and everyone's eyes widen with either with shock, joy or a bit of both,"PARDON?!"

"You would add me? But you selected the 10 representatives fairly. What about the raffle?" Malleus inquires as he sets his book aside,"Actually, when I informed Noble Bell College who would be attending, they specifically requested your presence." Crowley explains before clearing his throat,"'We positively MUST have the renowned mage Malleus Draconia at the social!' They said." he repeats what they had told him.

"Hm..." Malleus hums thoughtfully as he taps his chin,"'Only a headmage of your caliber could nurture such a great and powerful mage!' They added. 'Hats off to you! Would that I could be half as great as you!' And how could I say no in the face of such a clear fact?" Crowley beams with narcissistic joy as the Diasomnia group sweatdrop at him.

"'Nurture'"?! How dare they! You weren't the one to nurture Malleus! He's standing right here-" Sebek was about to go on a rant, but Lilia luckily stops him by placing a hand on his shoulder,"They requested Malleus specifically, hm..." he repeats the info to himself as he narrows his eyes slightly.

"Interesting. Now I understand. In that case, I shall join you." Malleus smirks as he accepts the extended invitation,"Oh, indeed? Are you certain, Draconia?" Crowley double checks to make sure this is alright with him.

"Of course. If they requested my presence directly... That makes it...an invitation, doesn't it?" Malleus's eyes glimmers with joy as his smirk fell into a gentler smile,"Of course...!" Silver and Sebek exchange wide eyed looks, the realization settling within their minds.

"It would be poor form to turn down such a courteous invitation. I gladly accept." Malleus beams and Lilia sweatdrops with an awkward smile,"Yes, of course you would..." he utters before clearing his throat,"But I suppose this will be a good experience for you. I won't object." he adds with a proud smile.