The failed dinner.

It was morning Veronica didn't had any sleep that night and she immediately send the battler to deliver a letter for Cordelia...
"Dear Cordelia,
I'm sorry I couldn't make it to ur afternoon tea yesterday but I wasn't feeling good at all.
I hope u understand and that u will be kind enough to come today at my house to have dinner with me sinse our  husband's will be at a business trip.
I expect u tonight at 8 o'clock!"
She signed from anxiety and impatience all day waiting for her to come.
Veronica maked sure she had everything prepered, the dinning area the candles the delicious meal to be mild so it wouldn't trigger Cordelia's  hormones now that she  was pregnant.
Her husband Pierre and his brother(who is his business partner as well)  had left early this morning and would be back tomorrow evening.
That's why she invited her tonight so they can talk freely without Pierre or Freddie fooling around. The time had past and it was 7 30.
Veronica had dressed up put her nice red dress with a light makeup and her usual diamonds she wears all the time.
Before Cordelia arrived she told the servants to not get into the room without knocking cause they would have a "very serious discussion that can't be heard by no one and has to stay in the room and only in that room" as she said word by word. And of course no lady or men could break the rules so they aggred and prepared the room.
The time now was 8 o'clock and Veronica was waiting patiently.. She understood that it rains heavily so if wouldn't be easy for  Cordelia to  get here on time... So she waited....
And waited....
And waited...
She almost fell asleep the time was 9 30 now Cordelia didn't come and there was no letter for an excuse or something...
Veronica got disappointed but didn't gave up.
She got a carriage and went to Freddie's and Cordelia's house to see wat's going on.
By that time it was extremely late but thankfully it didn't rain.
She got there  very fast and told the carriage not to wait for her and go back home...
Veronica obviously had a plan.
The carriage left and she waited outside a little bit and viewed the house's windows to see if Cordelia was asleep.
The living room had lights so she must be up
"perfect" She whispered and ringed the bell.
But then a woman opened the door that didn't seem to be a servant cause she was wearing a beautiful night gown with her jewelry? That was strange. The woman was bare foot her hair and her makeup was messed up and she was holding a glass of alcohol.
-who are u lady? And what are u staring at!?
She said rudly.
Veronica didn't answered she looked down from embarrassment.
- love are u expecting someone?
The woman said with her drunk deep voice looking back to the living room
-noooo whyyy?
Cordelia's voice sounded from afar and immediately Veronica looked for her.
-there is a mute woman in ur door dressed fancy!
Don't tell me u have another side chick expect from me and maryyy! Hahahaha
The woman collapsed in her laughs
- no I'm not mute and for God shakes I'm married! How dare u talking like that to me!gosh!
Veronica said.
Then Cordelia appeared from the back also wearing her tiny night gown, having messed up hair, and she was extremely drunk.
-Ohh ohhhh it's u Veronica! What the hell are u doing In my house this late!
Cordelia said while walking up to the door and hugging the other woman from her waist.
-i-im very sorry if I'm interrupting anything I was wondering why u didn't came for dinner but now I see that u are busy... Okay I won't disturb u anymore I'm leaving..
-where is ur carriage Veronica? I can't see it!
- well actually I was hoping maybe I could stay the night that's why I send my carriage home... But it's okay it's bit too late but  I can walk. Thank u.
- whaaa that lady is crazy man I'm out of here... Lia bring another ouiski as u coming back!
The strange woman said and left giggling.
"Lia? Who is Lia?Ohh maybe a nick name for Cordelia!"
Veronica thought while  walking away from the house
-where are u going Veronica are u crazy come back heree
Cordelia said and ran up to her barefoot.
- leave me alone Cordelia it was a big mistake that I came here.
- first u don't come to my tea party, then ur coming to house and make a scene in front of my friend?! What are u gonna do next woman?? Kill me? Cause clearly u can do anything from ur jealousy that u can't have me! Like when we were at school!
Cordelia said loudly
Then Veronica stopped Walking for a second turned to look at her with her teary eyes  and continued walking without saying a word.
- yeahh yeahh walk away as u always do!
Cordelia said before going into the house and slaminng the door after her.
Veronica started to cry because she was humiliated and jealous at the same time... She didn't know why she was feeling that way but she was clearly heart broken for no reason.
She walked and walked and walked...
Finally arriving at her house at 3 am.
She got in all shaking from the cold her makeup ruined and soaking wet cause England's weather was always strange.
She ran up to her bedroom and dipped her self in a hot bath... She cleaned her face and brushed her hair.
When she was finally ready to go to sleep the time was already 5 in the morning..
But she knew very well that she had nothing to do tomorrow so she layed down and started writing in her diary.
"10th September
Dear diary, these past days alot had happened... Pierre and Freddie went for a business trip and I thought it would be the best opportunity to talk with Cordelia... But apparently it wasn't.
I invited her for dinner but she didn't come. Then I got a little worried and I went to check up on her. When a got there I found out that Cordelia has affairs with two girls one named Mary that I didn't met in person and one that I saw yesterday but never learned her name..
They were both very very drunk and obviously they were on to something.. I was raging mad and jealous at that time.. I didn't know why but I felt that Cordelia was mine and only mine. Maybe cause of our past.. Maybe.. Cause in high school we had this relationship but it ended when we went to get married..
Enough for her right?
Pierre asked me what do I need a diary. I didn't answer but u are the only person I have to talk and say my feelings my secrets and some times even whatever comes out of my mind. I just wished u were a person so u could comfort me but even as a piece of paper I could imagine what u would say to me. It's currently 5 30 in the morning in going to sleep and only wake up when my husband the man that realy cared comes home."
After that Veronica putted her diary on the side and sliped in her giant bed.