6

"Do you..." Ashlyn started. "...noticed anything weird about my shadow?" She asked as she held onto her hair. Apparently only they can see the change making the teens feel sullen.

"Ah no...forget about it. But we do need your help." Ashlyn spoke. "The thing is...Logan has been getting bullied..." Ashlyn started. "That's how he got the bruise on his cheek." She explained. Logan looked...ashamed and the cup he was holding was shaking a bit. 'But why?' Y/n thought as she saw Logan not wanting to look at anyone. She hesitated for a second before putting her soft hands on his. He was surprised but still didn't look at her. 'How is it that she always knows how I feel?' He wondered as y/n rubbed the top of his hand with her thumb. He smiled a bit, not visible to the others. The two went back to focusing on the conversation.

"I mean...I don't mind" Ashlyn's father spoke. "Me neither...sounds pretty fun actually" The mother replied. "-But are your parents okay with that?"

"...uhhhh..."

"Yeah- ask them first"

———————-

"Mom? Dad? We'll hang out the graveyard!" Ashlyn yelled as she and the others left the house. The seven of them kept on walking, y/n and Logan walking behind them all. Logan quickly glanced at y/n and at his hands again. She then glanced at Logan who looked at his hands. She got closer to him. "You alright?" She whispered. "H-huh...yea" he softly spoke. Y/n smiled, before softly taking his hand in hers. "We'll be alright." She whispered before letting go of his hands again and Logan immediately missed her warmth. 'Should i?' He asked himself looking at y/n's hand. 'She held mine...so she'll be okay me holding hers...' he tried to come up with some Logic. He hesitated as his hands brushed y/n's. She noticed and looked at their hands before taking a hold of Logan's hand with a smile. 'S-she's smiling?' Logan also had a small smile. They kept on walking till they arrived at the graveyard. They looked around until y/n felt another presence next to her. "Hey you two, what's with the hand holding hm?" Aiden whispered. Logan flinched and let go of y/n's hand only for her to grab his hands again. "Nothing wrong with that, you're just jealous" she giggled. Logan blushing. 'S-she still wants to hold my hand?'

"Sign...perhaps I am a little bit jealous" he whispered as he looked towards the girl with long braids. Y/n giggled as she patted his shoulder. "I won't tell if you won't" he spoke. "Deal." She replied as the three walked back with the others. This time, y/n was the one to let go and Logan understood that..but he still wanted to keep holding onto her.

Now chilling at the bus again, Tyler talked about the irony of them hanging out at the school bus graveyard. "I'm still not sure it was worth the effort it took just to get here" Tyler said. Y/n was shivering at the thought of having to relive the first few nights of...all this. Logan noticed. "Well, we're here now so let's make the best of it and move on" Taylor said. "Agreed" Ashlyn said as y/n nodded in agreement.

———————

*ring ring* "oh?" Y/n said as she looked at the caller. "Logan?" She picked up. "Uh- um...Ashlyn said that we should get to her house in an hour or so, where are you??" He explained. "Oh, sorry I lost track of time, I'll be there soon" she told him. "B-but...where are you?" He asked again. "I'm at the bakery but I'm done with my shift now, what about you?" She said. "Ah, I can come to you I'm at **** street" he said. "Oh, don't you worry I can come to you, it's on the way to Ashlyn's anyway, I'll be there in five" she said as she hung up.

She took of her apron and her Boss gave her two large apple crumb tarts before letting her go.