• " I will never feel lonely ever again . . . "

== notes :
this was mostly self indulged, and born from a Discord server;
enjoy

Benjiro felt weird.
Empty, even.
His cousin had just started talking to a guy.
Now, everyone, will ask a question.
"What about Tsukasa?"
Well, he had just started dating someone - and that someone wasn't Benjiro. And it hurt him.

The common hate towards the girl was something that brought him close to his frenemy, Rui Kamishiro.
They've been texting for a while now, just recently Benjiro discovered that Rui had freckles - he called them "gorgeous".

It was weird, a couple of days later, to see Rui remove his make-up that covered the freckles to have them on full display. With a huge cat-like smile on his face.
Benjiro's heart fluttered—
wait.
Fluttered?

He couldn't believe what had happened, as he ran to the nearest bathroom.
His heart fluttered, at the sight of Rui Kamishiro.
Why would it...

oh.
oh.

He gasped at himself.. he had managed to fall for him.
Why? How?
No, he definitely didn't like him back.
But then why did he come to school, freckles in full display, he began to pull on his hair - desperately.

He heard coughing, looking over where it came from - it was Toya.
«Takamoto senpai, are you okay?» he asked, in a somewhat concerned tone
«Ah, yes - I just have my mind on something» Benjiro replied, composing himself «I, must go now—»
«Ah, wait, Kamishiro senpai asked me to tell you to meet him on the rooftop» said Toya, before the brunette left
«Ah, I see - I'll head there then, thanks Toya.»

Benjiro was done for.
He reached the door to the rooftop, his hand lingering on it before taking a deep breath and opening it, fresh air hitting his face.

Rui was near the railing, looking out to the city - and it was only the two of them.
Benjiro gulped, sucking in his anxiety and approaching him
«Hey, Toya told me you wanted to talk?» he said, acting cool, as he leaned one hand on the railing - Rui turned his attention to him, with a smile.
Benjiro's heart missed a couple of beats, as he blinked.

«Yes, correct, there's something I've been meaning to tell you» the boy with purple hair, and now freckles, said - straightening up.
It was at least a 10cm difference.
«It'll sound weird, so please bear with me» he seemed nervous, as they waited for a move
«I.. might've been developing feelings for you, Benjiro» he finally said, lifting the brunette's chin with his thumb and pointer finger

«Ah..» was all that came out of Benjiro's mouth, suddenly taken aback by the action.
He gulped, were his feelings for Tsukasa being replaced? Was Rui really the one for him?..
He inhaled, before giving an answer
«Rui..» he started, shakingly

«I think the same goes for me.»